SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Sylomer Acoustic Pads

danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
edited August 2019 in Studio & Rec £
I ordered five of these from Germany when my neighbour started complaining about my e-drumming. Although not much thump, e-drums do transfer impact vibration directly onto the floorboards and consequently through our terraced wall and into their heads.

I had the intention to build a small drum platform with these according to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAxxviPW7Bc

only in a smaller, alcove friendly size with off platform throne.

I ended up selling the kit as I'm not enough of a drummer to warrant what I had and have ended up with these pads, maybe they're useful to someone.

They're high tech, made in austria and work when they are compressed. They can be cut into smaller squares and have myriad applications, from hi-fi isolation platforms to reducing rail line vibrations. They could be useful for an amplifier platform if you want to cut the low frequencies from travelling around your house or monitor platforms or...

Each pad as follows:

Measurements: 13 x 13 x 2,5 cm

Recommended load per pad: 19 Kg

(To calculate the required number of pads, simply divide the total load by 19)

Efficiency: Impact sound insulation up to 90% at 50 Hz / When two pads are used one above the other, the efficiency is increased up to 99% at 50 Hz or respectively 69% at 10 Hz.

With adhesive layer

One unit = 1 piece NIP (13x13x2.5 cm)

I paid just under 14 euro per pad + 20 euro shipping from Germany. Happy to sell the whole lot of 5 pads for £50 or individually for £12 posted.

https://www.r-drums.com/english/shop/nip-noise-isolating-pad/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments