Volume pedal for swells

What's Hot
Looking for a volume pedal for ambient swells (Walrus Audio Slo incoming) Never owned one before. The Morley Passive M2 looks like it would do the job. Passive: does that mean it doesn’t need power?

Any recommendations? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Passive means it doesn't need power, but it will suck tone - at least a little.

Personally I detest the physical pedal travel on Morley pedals, and I would get a Boss FV-30H or FV500H. (You need the H models if it's not always going to be after a buffered pedal.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I've got a very reasonably priced Boss FV-50H in the classified section we can discuss ;).

It's ideal for swellage but I just never use it.
  • ICBM said:
    Passive means it doesn't need power, but it will suck tone - at least a little.

Personally I detest the physical pedal travel on Morley pedals, and I would get a Boss FV-30H or FV500H. (You need the H models if it's not always going to be after a buffered pedal.)
    Thanks. Been looking at ambient guru Chords of Orion’s tutorials. In this video he has the volume pedal after a compressor and overdrive. I have a thorpy peacekeeper and a cheap tc forcefield compressor, would this setup suit a H model? 

https://youtu.be/hoFPxldU1BQ
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Yes.

Fuengi’s FV-50H would work well...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3018
    edited August 2019
    Great. Fuengi’s FV-50H is heading my way.