HX effects question

What's Hot
tekbowtekbow Frets: 1686
Yes I know theres a whole line 6 thread, but this didn't gain any traction (understandable, big thread), so I'm giving it it's own post.

With the HXFX, would it be possible to split each discrete signal path after a series of stereo FX so that the left side is being sent to both the left stereo output and send of one of the effects loops, then the same with the right side side?

Effectively resulting in dual stereo outs for each side?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    I saw the original post and have to confess that I didn't understand the question.  Maybe I'm just being stupid but "Dual stereo outs for each side" suggests you want 4 stereo outs in total - there being two sides and you want dual stereo outs on each side.  Now HXFX only has 3 output pairs - 1 main and 2 send/returns so I couldn't figure out how you thought you were going to get 4 out of 3 outputs.

If however what you actually meant is you want each side to simultaneously go to the main output and to the same send/return output (thus making a total of two outs) then the answer is no because a given send/return can only be used on a single path. 
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1686
    Ok, I'll try and explain a bit better.

There's stereo outs on the HXFX, and dual FX loops send and returns.

Stereo fx are routed in discrete dual paths (AFAI understand it).

And paths can be split (again, AFAI understand it).

So can the dual paths be split into 2 pairs/ four total?

One pair going to the left output and an effects loop send, with the other pair going right and a separate FX loop send.

The HXFX would be driven by the slave outs of dual amps.

But if a given send/return can only be used on a single path, it sounds not.

I guess a dual Direct box with a thrus are in order.
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    There's stereo outs on the HXFX, and dual FX loops send and returns.
    Correct

Stereo fx are routed in discrete dual paths (AFAI understand it).
    A path is stereo.  You can have a maximum of two paths.  Path B can be either totally separate from Path A or split from Path A, merge with Path A or both.  You can't have two parallel paths each with their own splits (because that would be 4 paths)  

And paths can be split (again, AFAI understand it).
    Yes but you can only have a maximum of two paths.  So if you split Path A then that's your 2. 

So can the dual paths be split into 2 pairs/ four total?
    No.  Maximum is 2 paths.  You need Helix LT or the Helix Floor if you want 4.

“He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1686
    Ah, ok. Fair enough cheers.

Dual direct box it is then.