NPD....Not working :(

DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
edited August 2019 in FX
I picked up a voodoo labs super fuzz yesterday. I drove forty minutes. Like an idiot and having previously bought a boss pedal with no issues I didn't try it out.
I didn't want to intrude on the sellers day (young toddler in the house) and said "it all works doesn't it?" "Yeah I was playing with it yesterday".
I drove home and put a guitar cable in the input jack and the light came on. Figured it must have a battery in. So opened the back and removed the battery and put it on the pedal board. I put a power cable from a pedal power plus 2 into it and...nothing. 
The signal is going through the pedal. It just doesn't engage when you hit turn on the footswitch. And the light doesn't come on. 
Initially I thought it must have a dodgy barrell power input. So tried a power cable straight from the 9v battery clip. Tried a fresh 9v battery. Occasionally I can hear the guitar coming through faintly, sounding very thin. Again with no light on. I left the pedal yesterday and tried it later on, the light came on then after a click....nothing.

Reading online I suspect it's the footswitch, possibly a connection to that footswitch? 
I don't really want to contact the seller as can't be assed with hassle. I've no doubt it was working fine yesterday, I've just been unlucky.
I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    The switch has probably crapped out
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Wrong voltage or polarity power supply? It seems too much of a coincidence that it worked until you put it on the board.

The bad news is that if it is that, and now it no longer works on a battery, it’s probably fried.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein