Pet sitting.

LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
edited August 2019 in Off Topic
I'm pet sitting for my friend while they're on holiday, same friend who bought me a kitten when I couldn't find my new cat a week before my new cat was found.
I'm hosting her Pomeranian and 2 rabbits here at mine.
The rabbit pen is in the living room, and, this is a first for me; I've never looked after a rabbit before, very rarely had I been around them in my life...
They've been here since Wednesday night...
My two cats (cat and a kitten) love looking at the rabbits, and my cat who is old enough to go out started going out last week (after I had him 3 weeks)... and I was concerned of the dog chasing him off, but the opposite, at best my cat tolerates the dog, at worse, they're fighting but not drawing blood (my cat wouldn't hurt a fly), just, my cat likes to use this dog's head for bongo practice... But outside, my cat sticks around the house more than last week when he first went out and exploring, since he worked out he has to share the garden with the dog? IDK.

It's for 8 or 9 days (if that, maybe 7 days)... but; I told the family I got my cat from when I got my cat last June (before he got out, ran off, got lost and came back/found in July)... that I was going to be pet sitting in August and they said my cat won't mind the rabbits or a small dog like the Pomeranian I told them about as he knew a Chihuahua in his old house they said but he didn't like their new puppy they had that was a bigger breed. The dog I'm sitting is my friend's and lives with a cat and a tortoise who's back where the dog and the rabbits live. 

He's a little fox faced orange Pomeranian who's like 2 or 3. He's an alpha, he's a big specimen of a small dog, and to be honest, he's smart, but so sweet like the puppy from Garfield and Friends 'Odie', which is something since my cat reminds me of a black version of Garfield since he's a black ragdoll mix and is kinda big and bushy and can be an arse when he wants to be (to this Pomeranian and some other cats/tom cats), but is still a good cat to humans and kittens and she cats and rabbits.. The dog visits anyway and spends the night sometimes and knows my cats anyway and my friend said, since the dog met my big cat and saw him with the kitten, this dog is friendly to cats now when she's out walking him.

It's a sunny hot day, all the pets are in, I played guitar, found my cat retreated to under a bed in a neighbouring room for shade and a lil quiet from the guitar amp? IDK... I got down on the floor, laid there, chilled with my cat this afternoon, and, after like, 20 minutes the dog found me on the floor, inched in (bless it) and as I welcomed the dog who then laid next to me, as I embraced the dog who wanted to join in, he licked the fuck out of me/my face... I forgot they did that until he did that.
I was playing a lot of guitar too, and it's hot out/the house is hot, no AC here, and I was sweating in the end had sweat pouring from my hair with the guitar, so the dog licked up all my sweat? IDK, I mean, it was doggy kissing me, licking the fuck outta my face as I was chilling with my cat under the bed. - That was cool.

Anyone here ever pet sat? If so, what animals, and did you have pets of your own at the time too?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Uggh! Never let a dog lick your face, it's disgusting and unhealthy and gross!

We looked after my father in laws dog for a week a year ago. It was a lot of hassle. My daughters loved him (they want a dog), but the dog hated my oldest son (who looks pretty rare with dreadlocks and many tattoos and piercings). She would growl at him and try to bite him if he got too near. This ended up in me try to stop a bitey moment and getting my hand bitten! Very painful and I had to go to hospital and get it scrubbed with iodine after hours of waiting. Lovely. The scenario was further complicated by the fact that my son had to sleep on the couch at that time, so we had to lock the dog in a cage all night. Not something I thought I'd ever do! 

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    edited August 2019
    axisus said:
    Uggh! Never let a dog lick your face, it's disgusting and unhealthy and gross!
    What’s the problem?

It’s not as if 5 mins before it was licking its own sphincter and balls...oh hang on...

Yep dirty.

Your’e a good friend OP - I wouldn’t do it. Rabbit pie is nice though...
    Previously known as stevebrum