The Mandalorian

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4067
    edited November 2019
    Saw this last night. Interesting cliff hanger. Am I right in assuming clone or an illegitimate child of "you know who" 
    No reason to assume it's not just another random dude from the same species. At least, not yet... I'm sure we'll find out more soon. 
    Aye, 99.99999% sure he’s not a clone/child of Jango, but it’s fair to assume he’s from Mandalore. What might be interesting is whether he’s an orphan that was taken in by the other Mandalorians. His (presumed) parents in the flashbacks didn’t look like the typical ones we saw in The Clone Wars or Rebels, but I’ll happily be wrong!

*edit* my guess is that we’ll see him fall from grace with the others because of his actions in episode 1, that could create a good dynamic and tension for the character, and fits well with the rogue outlaw/western motifs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 653
    edited November 2019
    Saw this last night. Interesting cliff hanger. Am I right in assuming clone or an illegitimate child of "you know who" 
    No reason to assume it's not just another random dude from the same species. At least, not yet... I'm sure we'll find out more soon. 
    Aye, 99.99999% sure he’s not a clone/child of Jango, but it’s fair to assume he’s from Mandalore. What might be interesting is whether he’s an orphan that was taken in by the other Mandalorians. His (presumed) parents in the flashbacks didn’t look like the typical ones we saw in The Clone Wars or Rebels, but I’ll happily be wrong!

*edit* my guess is that we’ll see him fall from grace with the others because of his actions in episode 1, that could create a good dynamic and tension for the character, and fits well with the rogue outlaw/western motifs.

I don't think the OP was referring to the Mandalorian when he was talking about a clone/child, but more about what happened at the end, perhaps?

Did anyone else notice that there was another character in the background of one of the shots, who was wearing Mandalorian armour that very much resembled Fett??

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited November 2019
    Potential spoiler question:
    What species was Yoda anyway? Were there ever any others seen in any of the fims?

• Saw this last night. Interesting cliff hanger. Am I right in assuming clone or an illegitimate child of "you know who" 

I don't think the OP was referring to the Mandalorian when he was talking about a clone/child, but what happened at the end?

Did anyone else notice that there was another character in the background of one of the shots, who was wearing Mandalorian armour that very much resembled Fett??

Of unknown species, the 50yr old child is...  ;-)

An obvious resemblence to you know who though... perhaps now they will name said species.

The Mandalorian will hopefully too be named..  the back story will be interesting to learn.

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Potential spoiler question:
    What species was Yoda anyway? Were there ever any others seen in any of the fims?

Don't think it's ever mentioned.

There were a couple during Episode 1, but barely noticeable/background/easter egg type thing

• I leave this here..

Yaddle was a member of the Jedi council, shown in the prequel movies.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• I leave this here..

Haha - you think Yoda and Yaddle got it on?! That'd be a hilarious setup if so!

@smudge_lad I know that... now!  :#
  • I leave this here..

Baby Yodel?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I leave this here..

Baby Yodel?
    Now there was a missed branding opportunity on that baby-carrier!  =)
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4959
    edited November 2019
    Just managed to find ep 1 and 2. And watched them the wrong way round, haha.

Now I've seen ep 01 it makes more sense, and this looks like the making of a very cool mini series :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • I totally thought this was some sort of instrument too  :)
  • Watches Ep 2 last night. I really like it.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Saw episode 2 yesterday - really liking it, but getting annoyed at how Mandalorians are meant to be elite warriors, and all that keeps happening is he’s getting owned in almost every battle. 

Seems he has a complete lack of agility, skills and awareness. I’m trying to ignore it, and hoping he’ll suddenly remember he’s supposed to be a bad-ass. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I love it. 

I don’t think it’s unfair to see him struggle when all his fights are against multiple foes.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    Saw episode 2 yesterday - really liking it, but getting annoyed at how Mandalorians are meant to be elite warriors, and all that keeps happening is he’s getting owned in almost every battle. 

Seems he has a complete lack of agility, skills and awareness. I’m trying to ignore it, and hoping he’ll suddenly remember he’s supposed to be a bad-ass. 
    He doesn’t have his sigil yet (ep.1), so I think we’re meant to assume he’s still learning the ropes a bit and hasn’t reached that level for whatever reasons
    FarleyUK said:

He doesn’t have his sigil yet (ep.1), so I think we’re meant to assume he’s still learning the ropes a bit and hasn’t reached that level for whatever reasons
    Ah, ok - that would make sense. 

As for the multiple enemies argument - he’s been beaten by two land piranha things, a rhino thing and some jawas. JAWAS, for God’s sake!
  • FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:

As for the multiple enemies argument - he’s been beaten by two land piranha things, a rhino thing and some jawas. JAWAS, for God’s sake!
    There were a lot of Jawas. I don't think I could take them..!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:

There were a lot of Jawas. I don't think I could take them..!
    You’d have hoped he had a better strategy though....!
  • Really ....really ....people cant watch this ....really?
    Eh?
    It is said that the use of torrents is widespread that may or may not be true......

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1687
    edited November 2019
    Ep 2.

Disintegrator... very naughty in the star wars galaxy...

Also, sand crawlers aren't a Jawa thing, they're mining vehicles and jawas grabbed abandoned ones. So why does the cockpit look like it was built for Jawas? And this isn't Tatooine right?

I think him building up his Beskar armour piece by piece will be a thing.

Loving the show, but seems they're gona be 30 min episodes.

I may wait till it's all released then binge it.