SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Acoustic £500 - Fuengi Jr exam results guitar.

FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
edited August 2019 in Acoustics £
Some of you would have seen this thread 
https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/162666/exam-results-just-cost-me-a-guitar#latest

Had a chat with Jr yesterday and he decided he wanted to go for a nice acoustic. His preference is to see if we can find something used in decent condition rather than buy new.

He's thinking mid sized - something between a dreadnought and a parlor - with or without a cutaway. Preferably with electronics on board. 

For reference he liked the Faith Neptune he tried a while back. 

Let me know what you've got, I'll have to relay it back to him so it will be a painfully slow process!

Edit - we are in Horndean, Hampshire in case the guitar needs collection. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    Fuengi said:
    Some of you would have seen this thread 
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/162666/exam-results-just-cost-me-a-guitar#latest

Had a chat with Jr yesterday and he decided he wanted to go for a nice acoustic. His preference is to see if we can find something used in decent condition rather than buy new.

He's thinking mid sized - something between a dreadnought and a parlor - with or without a cutaway. Preferably with electronics on board. 

For reference he liked the Faith Neptune he tried a while back. 

Let me know what you've got, I'll have to relay it back to him so it will be a painfully slow process!

Edit - we are in Horndean, Hampshire in case the guitar needs collection. 
    Congras to Fuengi JNR for his exam results. 

It sounds like a OM would fit the size specs. 

As for going for something with electronics on board, generally the ones that come OEM aren't the best and I myself would be more inclined to leave £100 or so less in budget for getting either a JJB or K+K Pure Mini pickup and get that installed into your acoustic guitar of choice. 

The Eastman is a very good choice, and there some others worth checking in addition to the Faith.  I'd include the Sigma OM's/000's as well. The Sigma OMT-1STE+ at around £300 looks very good value with on board electronics as well, but doesn't come with a case though. 

I'd also recommend the Cort AS-OC4, all solid/electronics/hard case, and the Fender PM-3 which has the same specs and goes for amount the same price. 

They all have slightly different specs though when it comes to scale, nut width and neck shape, IMO all very important aspects and only your son will be able to know which is the best for him.  
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    edited August 2019
    Would it help if I told him what you paid for the Eastman : )
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    munckee said:
    Would it help if I told him what you paid for the Eastman : )

Nope!  ;)