SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted-WTB-Jazz bass or similar

What's Hot
BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
edited September 2019 in Basses £
New to bass but really enjoying it, coming to it as a veteran guitarist means that although I've got a lot to learn I already know the basics.

I have an old Korean Legend P bass that's wildly nose heavy, needs new pots and keeps going out of tune so figure its best to keep that as a spare (my new band seem to have a habit of picking covers in a verity of tunings) and putting the money into something better. Don't want anything active, just a good old work horse do all and from what I've listened to online I seem to prefer the sound of a Jazz to a Precision.

Don't want to spend a lot, need to move on some other stuff to fund it but I'm thinking in the £300 zone. I've a nice Telecaster on here if anyone's interested in trades?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    I have a 2014 Squier VM Jazz Bass with the 1962 cosmetics and Duncan Designed JB-101 pickups. 

Hardly used. The shop set the bass aside for an education sector customer. Local government never allocated funds. 

I've a nice Telecaster on here if anyone's interested in trades?
    Do you have a link to that, please?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    @Funkfingers here you go.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/162723/fs-ft-2003-fender-telecaster-mx-standard-in-midnight-wine#latest

I'd be very interested in the VM, that was what started me on this journey as you never hear anything bad said about them.
    I shall have to take photographs of my Squier bass.

Unfortunately, your partially stripped MIM Telecaster is too similar to a G&L Tribute ASAT Classic that I am part way through refinishing.
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    @Funkfingers fair enough, it was sadly a case of having to strip it back as when i bought it it was in a really bad state. I'm listing it for less than i paid for it but the body really puts people off, I might swap the neck over to my parts caster and sell that one instead?

Let me know when you've got some pics of the Squier, what colour is it?
    Three-tone sunburst with faux tortoiseshell pickguard. Rosewood fingerboard (as opposed to roasted Laurel or whathaveyou).
  • I have a 5 string Vintage AV4+1
    Jazz Bass Alder body
    precision bass neck (maple / rosewood)
    Bartolini hum-cancelling pickups 
    bone nut
    comprehensively shielded

reason for sale: fancy a US 5 string precision bass...

Kind regards
    Jay

• jaymenon said:
    I have a 5 string Vintage AV4+1
    Jazz Bass Alder body
    precision bass neck (maple / rosewood)
    Bartolini hum-cancelling pickups 
    bone nut
    comprehensively shielded

reason for sale: fancy a US 5 string precision bass...

Kind regards
    Jay

Thanks for the offer. I'm actually putting it on a back burner for now as we have found a bassist so i'm back on lead guitar duties. Shame as I was enjoying the bass but a new amp beckons!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom