Free gig, my quintet "Hamsa" with the Dhol Foundation.

merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
Just in case any of you are in London with little to do on Sunday, my quintet "Hamsa" are playing with the Dhol Foundation at 5pm in the Regents Park Bandstand.

It's part of an event called "Klezmer in the Park" and features several of London's leading Jewish Music ensembles in collaboration with other world bands. I'll be on clarinet but we do have the excellent Glenn Sharp on guitar (to satisfy your string needs) and the gentlemanly Simon Russel on bass, plus the charming Carol Isaacs on keys/accordion and the effervescent Guy Schalom on kit. 

The Dhol Foundation play Bhangra, so there'll be us plus them, ten wacky musicians onstage, creating a wild, cross continental mixture of toothsome noise. 

Might be worth a punt if you've got nothing better to do! Check out the vid and get down. And come and say hi....if you like! 

https://www.jmi.org.uk/event/klezmerinthepark2019/
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Duuuude, a Jewish Bhangra mashup sounds cool! I caught Dholfoundation a couple of months ago at a festival, they good.

Have a good one! Get video!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll be neither in London or have little to do on Sunday but sounds excellent. Wish I was there. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    Had a rehearsal yesterday and it's going to be fun. 

And free for y'all!