Tanglewood guitars

Hi all. I am new here and to guitar playing. When I have been looking for guitars I decided evilbay for the first purchase and purchased a nice used Tanglewood for a very good price. After then taking up lessons I decided the guitar was too small. I then went back to evilbay to look for a new one and knowing Tanglewood, I looked at more. What I cant get my head around is that there are 6 or 7 people who churn out about 20 Tanglewood guitars each. Thee also seem to be the odd seller with no previous guitar sales selling a few of the same model. I did purchase one from one of the more seasoned sellers and all seems okay. Just wondering if Tanglewood wholesale guitars out somewhere. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You can find new Tanglewoods in virtually every high street music shop. Don't know where you live, but PMT and Guitar Guitar in Brum have a few each, and I'm pretty sure Express Music in Coventry have some - in fact, I've just checked and they have all of these.

Unless you're specifically looking for a secondhand one, then Gumtree or Reverb are probably your only other options.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I don't know what your budget is but if you can stretch to it, try the Tanglewood X15 NS. I have one and it's a fantastic guitar! Solid spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides, bone saddles and nut, it's a dreadnought size and plays and sounds brilliant. Mine was £650 new with a hard case, you should be able to pick one up used for a good price but remember, they come with a hardcase as stock so make sure the used one has it!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • I have a couple of Tanglewoods,  A dreadnought acoustic and an SG style electric.  All very well made guitars.  They do seem to be widely available but Im not aware of anyone specific that has them at a discount 

• Thanks all. I am still looking around for a suitable "beginner guitar" it's not the easiest thing to get a sound I am after without being able to play anything well as yet. I know I prefer the more bright side of the tone spectrum so need to get around a few guitar shops to see what I can find. The current Tanglewood I have STK seems to lack slightly even with strings I have been advised as "bright". I did hear a Takamine P1 and Faith Blood moon that did seem to have a little more top end. 
    I also like full size guitars to smaller body ones. I am truly amazed at the variety of guitars out there.