SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Vyse/Torres Boxer Plus handwired 15w tweed combo £300

What's Hot
yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
edited April 2020 in Amps £

I keep changing my mind about this. So why am I getting rid of it then? Well, I've tried to convince myself I love it but in truth have never really bonded with it. I bought it when the AC30 that I've owned for my entire adult life was temporarily out of action. But then I found someone local to sort the Vox out and, well, that was it for the Torres. I've been meaning to shift it for ages now but just when I'm about to list it, I try it out again, just to make sure everything's still working, and change my mind because it sounds so good. However, it's simply not getting used and I've got my eye on something else…

10" Jensen C10Q speaker, 1 x GZ34 rectifier, 2 x 12AX7 preamps, 1 x 6L6EH output

Line output with volume control (no reverb)

Never gigged and in damn near as new condition, although there is a little scuff on the cab (visible in the pic but close-ups available on request); AIUI, by the time you've totted up the extras it was specced with, these retail at a bit over a grand made up or £600 or thereabouts in kit form.

The guy I bought it from didn’t include the original sales receipt so I've no way of knowing whether this was a kit amp pre-assembled by Barry Vyse, or sold as a kit and constructed by someone else, either at home or under supervision on one of the Vyse ampmaking courses. On balance, I think it was a kit amp but at this point, it's hard to say. Either way, it was all hand-wired and a pretty tidy job too.

£450 £400 £350 £300

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Are you sure this is 15w? The fuse website says the boxer plus is 5w. And the single 6L6 output valve suggests this also. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    Hmm, good point. I’ll dig out the paperwork later tonight and clarify once I’ve confirmed what it actually is that I’m selling!
    edited September 2019
    OK, have had a poke about and I think it's a Boxer Plus KT66. It's actually fitted with a Jensen C10Q and not a C10R as I thought:

From http://vyseamps.com/single-ended-class-a-designs.html

Boxer Plus
    Development of the Boxer incorporating additioanl features. There are models KT12 and KT66, named as a tribute to the classic 'Rolls-Royce' of audio valves, the M-OV KT Series around which the Super Boxer range of amps was designed.

Both amplifiers are\ single channel amps with valve rectifier, high and low gain front end inputs, a full set of tone controls and master volume control. Reverb can be fitted to models as an option.

All have the cleanliness, warmth and superb harmonic distortion of the legendary Class 'A' circuitry coupled with the modern power, full gain, volume and tone flexibility.

With this form of construction, the amp retains its true pre-amp characteristics, including its controlled over-driven tones, over a wide range of output volumes making these amps the most flexible in application, giving warmth and sweet clean tones at lower volumes, with the classic Class 'A' overdrive when cranked.

Boxer Plus has:

• Two pre-amp valves (12AX7) • Single power valve (6L6/6550/KT66)* for pure single-ended class A operation • Valve recifier (GZ34) adding vintage dynamics • Normal and high gain inputs • Gain control, volume, bass, mid, treble and master volume controls
    Model KT12: uses a 6V6 output valve producing 6 watts. Would normally be supplied in small cabinet with 10 or 12 inch speaker. Reverb is optional.
    Model KT66: uses 6L6 output valve with original KT66 as optional extra and producing 15 watts. Would normally be supplied in small cabinet with 10 or 12 inch speaker. Reverb is optional.

*all can be supplied with vintage KT66 Series Marconi-Osram valves if specified
    Fifty quid off because I accidentally impulse purchased another amp last night and need the cash!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And down to £350! Don't make me put this on eBay!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ahem
  • Pmd
    And replied.
    And bumping again.
    Ahem.
    Still for sale. I've got to start shifting stuff to pay for the incoming!
  • Still for sale?
    Yep, still for sale!
  • Amp and courier £300?  Thanks C
  • Last time i sent something similar it was about £10 with Hermes.
    Sorry, but I've dropped a hundred and fifty quid on my initial asking price so I'm holding out for £300 plus shipping. 
  • Hi- How much would shipping be to Southampton please?
    Sold to three_little_birds. Hope you enjoy the amp, Chris.