Silent recording with amp and pedalboard, etc.

What's Hot
Here's my setup when I gig:
guitar > gain pedals > amp head > Fryette PS-2 power station (acting as an attenuator) > PS-2 send > delay pedal, etc > PS-2 return > PS-2 speaker output > Suhr ACE cab emulator (DI to PA) > cab

So it's a kind of '4 cable method' hookup for the pedalboard. The PS-2 provides loop capabilities after the amp so the amp can get as gainy as you like and you still have clean ambient effects.

I was hoping to use the same setup for silent recording...just without the cab; the PS-2 will act as the speaker load and I can feed the signal from the ACE into my DAW. I can do this just fine apart from including the effects that are in the PS-2 effects loop. The PS-2 loop is only present on the speaker output, not the line out. For silent recording, the setup changes slightly:
guitar > gain pedals > amp head > Suhr ACE cab emulator (DI to DAW) > Fryette PS-2 power station (acting as a load)

In silent mode, the PS-2 loop send is operational...this has a switchable level but has to be pedal friendly...there is an alternative input on the ACE for line level so the pedal friendly signal is too low.

Has anyone found a way around this? Have I missed something?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments