Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What fuzz will do really crazy feedbacky oscillation effects during the tail of a chord?

What's Hot

Comments

• My biggest beef with a lot of these pedals that do crazy shit... no wet/dry mix. I wanna be able to feed in like... 5-10% signal, so that my amp does the heavy lifting as far as gain goes, but you end up with an undercurrent of weirdness filling in the gaps in your playing.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    My biggest beef with a lot of these pedals that do crazy shit... no wet/dry mix. I wanna be able to feed in like... 5-10% signal, so that my amp does the heavy lifting as far as gain goes, but you end up with an undercurrent of weirdness filling in the gaps in your playing.
    This is where I am finding the Axe FX III to be excellent
    Multiple channels of IO that I can call up easily plus flexible routing/panning.
  • Data Corrupter definitely a contender tbh, based on the 'Knobs' video I'm watching.
     Every single Knobs video puts a new pedal on my list. He's like the Andy of weird pedals. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 399
    In the same vein as the Fuzz Factory recommendations, but possibly more suited to your tone requirements and definitely more controllable, have a look at a Zoom UltraFuzz. The fuzz has more flavours to dial in, and the oscillations can be chaotic or controllable like a theremin. An Ultralord can do marvellous things too. Finally, it would need to be stacked, but a Machine does great things to the swell and taper of a note.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Data Corrupter definitely a contender tbh, based on the 'Knobs' video I'm watching.
    My first hand experience with the Data Corrupter is limited (I sat down with it in a shop for half an hour) but I found it very unwieldy, as in it was impossible to get it to do the same thing twice. Sometimes I’d hit a note and it would do something really cool and then I’d hit the same note again and it did something completely different. Though maybe hitting it with an already distorted signal might give different results 
    You need to spend more time with it than a quick shop demo. Once you learn what each dial does and watch a few YouTube videos it's much easier to use. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Fuzz Probe might do what you want. Its a Fuzz Factory but with the "stab" control replaced by a theramin-style control plate. Means you can use your foot to control the crazies. Perhaps not the most consistent crazies though, it gets quite wild... 

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Particle verb On helix in parralel/ on a wet mix . Set it to critical and it gets pretty weird. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    edited September 2019
    octatonic said:
    I guess I should add that I still want to retain the high-gain chugga-chugga character of my Diezel amps.

Almost like... a octave feedbacky fuzz that has a wet/dry control that I can control with an expression pedal maybe... I dunno... just thinking aloud...

I have a Fallout Cloud I could use too. But it would need some other stuff in front and behind it.
    Have you tried a Digitech Freqout?
    It is really fantastic.
    Been wanting one for a long time actually. I might see about getting one!
    I have a freqout pedal. Great for those wild crazy moments.  Have to be careful not to use it too often though lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    I have a BC108 Fuzz face here that when you set the bias up wrong and turn the fuzz all the way up it does just this, the trail off is incredibly spitty with some oscillation and feedback

I suspect the best option off the shelf would be the fuzz factory, as that is pretty much letting you adjust the bias into this sort of area.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9714
    edited September 2019
    I've always thought a Fuzz Factory with an expression petal input would be way more useful, so you could adjust a specific knob between your choice of values in real-time. As otherwise with that petal, you can never seen to get the same sound once let alone twice
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Digitech FreqOut arrived. Not tried it yet. Will do this weekend at the studio. I'm not tracking guitars yet, so got some time to get a bit of gear and experiment with tones. I wanna do some different things on this album.

Bye!

Digitech FreqOut arrived. Not tried it yet. Will do this weekend at the studio. I'm not tracking guitars yet, so got some time to get a bit of gear and experiment with tones. I wanna do some different things on this album.

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    The Electro Faustus Guitardammerung is wonderful for this kind of stuff. Super cheap too!
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    edited September 2019
    Not strictly fuzz but can get in the ball park, the Source Audio Soundblox Pro Multiwave Distortion is probably worth a look for you. 

It has a mix control and does all manner is crazy octave weirdness. I picked one up the other day and it is the most inspiring pedal I have played in a long time. 
    @WiresDreamDisasters check out the Beetronics Swarm:

https://www.pedalempire.com.au/products/beetronics-swarm

It was featured in a TPS episode 
    here: 
    I think it is exactly what you are after.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited September 2019
    It’s fuckin’ bonkers but very pretty....

https://i.imgur.com/oyKwGzf.jpg

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1259
    [Belatedly]

This sounds like a Rainger Freakenstein - Eldest Son has one and it’s a magnificent(ly barking mad) thing which I only wish I had a use for so I had an excuse to buy one...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • The Friedman Fuzz Fiend has a Rage footswitch, which adds sustain and oscillations at higher pitch

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• stonevibe said:
    The Friedman Fuzz Fiend has a Rage footswitch, which adds sustain and oscillations at higher pitch
    Okay, checking out the Pete Thorn demo. It's pretty close to what I'm envisioning.

Bye!

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Red Witch Fuzz God II

This can go super loco. There's one on eBay now.