Where can I get the best varifocals for a good price?

What's Hot
There must be a lot of guitar budget here spent on these

I had an excellent pair of Zeiss individuals, now I hear that Essilor X series are also very good

Boots do 50% off if you have contact lenses, what other places sell these cheap?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Um.. Asda  - I didn't buy any from them, or anyone, yet. £80 I think
    I think I might hate varifocals so having a proper optician to go back to wins out for me.
  • Um.. Asda  - I didn't buy any from them, or anyone, yet. £80 I think
    I think I might hate varifocals so having a proper optician to go back to wins out for me.
    Asda are great for single vision lenses, £120 for 2 pairs with any tints, or even varifocals

However, ordinary varifocals are not very nice
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Boots do 50% off if you have contact lenses, what other places sell these cheap?
    That's what I have, can't comment on anything else.  It used to only be 50% off the frames, now it includes the lenses too so it's a very worthwhile saving.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    Um.. Asda  - I didn't buy any from them, or anyone, yet. £80 I think
    Asda are great for single vision lenses, £120 for 2 pairs with any tints, or even varifocals

Well they work fine for Our Maud and for me.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited September 2019
    My folks looked up and down to find a good deal on Varifocals, but couldn't see anything
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nitefly said:

I think I’m right in saying that the Asda ones are equivalent to the top of the line ones from places like Specsavers, they had a policy to undercut the high street. 
    It’s not very clear on the Asda website but I think they do offer a cheaper version now as well but their good ones are or at least were Tailor made like Specsavers, Boots,etc.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • My folks looked up and down to find a good deal on Varifocals, but couldn't see anything
    lol, probably more accurate if they'd looked left and right with some of the pairs I've had
  • Nitefly said:

I think I’m right in saying that the Asda ones are equivalent to the top of the line ones from places like Specsavers, they had a policy to undercut the high street. 
    It’s not very clear on the Asda website but I think they do offer a cheaper version now as well but their good ones are or at least were Tailor made like Specsavers, Boots,etc.
    AFAIK they told me their varifocals are like the Boots brand top of the range ones
    I bought some, but they weren't good enough.

The Zeiss individual ones I got 2-3 years ago were on a different level
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6915
    tFB Trader
    I paid £150 for mine from Glasses Direct. They are maybe not as good as Zeiss lenses but TBH I can't tell the difference.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9553
    My folks looked up and down to find a good deal on Varifocals, but couldn't see anything
    lol, probably more accurate if they'd looked left and right with some of the pairs I've had
    There are something like three grades of varifocal lenses - the lowest grade is surprisingly poor for keeping things in focus when you look to the sides. I find I need the middle grade for a reasonable field of (in focus) vision.

As for where to buy I’ve always found Boots to be good - they include a few things as standard that Specsavers charge extra for (at least that was the case a couple of years ago).
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it