Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the new Yamaha THR II!

What's Hot

Comments

• I have a feeling the prices might jump around a bit. Shame the full Helix isnt dropping like if used to! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    I haven’t listened to the demo’s yet.... but I’m only a home player with a nice low power valve amp and pedals....if it’s ‘that good’ I would be prepared to pay over the odds for one. I’ve spent almost as much for a single effect pedal.... Yes, I’ve got a problem  :s
  • The only thing about these new models that interest me is the knock-on effect of the used prices of the older models. 

I’m looking forward to picking up a lightly used THR10c for £50 ;)
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5732
    TheMarlin said:
    The only thing about these new models that interest me is the knock-on effect of the used prices of the older models. 

Then becoming the first person to find a way to spend money modding it, before selling it for £40 ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajl said:
    TheMarlin said:
    The only thing about these new models that interest me is the knock-on effect of the used prices of the older models. 

Then becoming the first person to find a way to spend money modding it, before selling it for £40 ;)
    I’ve also got a THR-10 that I’m thinking of selling - I’ll be looking to get more for it now as it is slightly reliced and an original issue.  ;)

For me to buy another the beige has to go and full wireless without needing the extra G10.

I do like the idea of an inbuilt rechargeable battery in these latest ones though. 

Maybe the mk3 will hit the spot. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Vox Adio picked up the concept but was either styled by committee or no-one at all and hence is just f'ugly.

Hey... I love my Vox Handbag!!!  Not only is it a neat little desktop amp but I can also get up in drag and shove it under one arm, and its perfect!

Try that with a THR... ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You’ve got me there !
  • I'm still looking for that home amp, which uses the stereo wide field technology but gives a bigger bottom end. 
  • I'm still looking for that home amp, which uses the stereo wide field technology but gives a bigger bottom end. 
    Remember, the THR line was co developed with the AV division so basically, it's a really awesome hifi as well. There is plenty of low end in any of the models. Even the old ones. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• @rossyamaha you win some (helix) ya lose some (THR) , but thanks for posting this on the forum. Give it a few months and I bet most retailers will drop the price. 
    “Ken sent me.”
  • I'm a 10c owner.  It's used daily and getting quite old now, but prices on the THR ll would need to dip a bit before I'm tempted to upgrade.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    @rossyamaha you win some (helix) ya lose some (THR) , but thanks for posting this on the forum. Give it a few months and I bet most retailers will drop the price. 
    I think that's the crux of it, it seems we all like it, just not at the launch price.

• Andertons have popped up the vid...

Pete could make any rig sound good, but that is impressive!

Lee's playing has come on massively too.

I always thought he was a bit meh in the older vids but he pulled out some really nice licks there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12327
    edited September 2019
    Having recently changed the speaker and valves in my tweed champ I have been playing it exclusively lately. 

This thread prompted me to play by thr5 today. 

I played pixies through it with stupid amounts of gain at polite volume, before connecting it to my daughters record player which sounds great. 

Mainly i I reflected on how great it is we have these and the adio. I had a 10 watt gorilla amp with one sound. 

My daughter has got into acoustic guitar lately. If she gets into electric I would definitely get her the new 10.  

Well I’ll have the 10 and give her the 5 maybe : )
  • relic245 said:

Andertons have popped up the vid...

I always thought he was a bit meh in the older vids but he pulled out some really nice licks there.
    It's amazing what doing it for a living does for you isn't it :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245 said:

To be fair to Lee it isn’t really what he does for a living, he’s a shopkeeper. Although I suspect lessons with Justin Sandercoe probably help a bit. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245 said:

Yes to be fair to Lee, he is a very decent player.

Always sensible to be fair to him as he lurks here sometimes, and I want him to still let me into his shop! :lol:
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245 said:

To be fair to Lee it isn’t really what he does for a living, he’s a shopkeeper. Although I suspect lessons with Justin Sandercoe probably help a bit. 
    But when your business has such a high internet or YouTube presence that is your job :) but he does sound good here to be fair, very tasteful
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • relic245 said:

But when your business has such a high internet or YouTube presence that is your job :) but he does sound good here to be fair, very tasteful
    Exactly. Must be nice to havebtime to play so much. It is part of his business to play to sell.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    edited September 2019
    I would buy the £299 one, but I want the interface of the £499 one.

I hate faffing with apps n bollox.

EDIT: Actually I think the middle one has the different interface - Can anyone confirm?