Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Historic Makeovers 57 Goldtop. Yaron 59 Burst **Both Sold**

What's Hot

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5628
    CMW335 said:

By ridiculing the description you are very much undermining the seller's position. Sure we can all agree or disagree with his opinion and description but this thread should be for genuine enquiries from genuinely interested buyers not for digs at the OP. 
    I merely said that something was a bold claim. That's not a dig, nor is it ridiculing the description.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Brize said:
    CMW335 said:

By ridiculing the description you are very much undermining the seller's position. Sure we can all agree or disagree with his opinion and description but this thread should be for genuine enquiries from genuinely interested buyers not for digs at the OP. 
    I merely said that something was a bold claim. That's not a dig, nor is it ridiculing the description.
    I'd say Rule 1 applies.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2038
    edited September 2019
    Brize said:
    Having seen the Goldtop in person, I would say that it is absolutely stunning and, unless you know your onions and have handled more than a few 50's Gibson Les Paul then it is utterly convincing.
    Sorry, but that's just ridiculous. I own a Historic Makeover Les Paul and the work they do is very fine indeed, but it would never fool an 'expert' as an original guitar.
    I would say that covers ridicule? I appreciate that's not against the OP but it is the OP description that is being discussed/debated
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Now then children, post amended.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sadly, you lost all the images :)

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    CMW335 said:
    Brize said:
    Having seen the Goldtop in person, I would say that it is absolutely stunning and, unless you know your onions and have handled more than a few 50's Gibson Les Paul then it is utterly convincing.
    Sorry, but that's just ridiculous. I own a Historic Makeover Les Paul and the work they do is very fine indeed, but it would never fool an 'expert' as an original guitar.
    I would say that covers ridicule? I appreciate that's not against the OP but it is the OP description that is being discussed/debated
    As you say, it wasn't directed at the OP's description, which was the accusation you levelled at me.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Brize said:
    CMW335 said:

I'd say Rule 1 applies.
    You're probably right, and I apologise to the OP. A little hyperbole in a FS listing never did anyone any harm.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sadly, you lost all the images :)

R.
    Back up  =)
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7102
    I feel like kicking the shit out of my gold top for not looking like this one, doubt that will achieve the desired result either

GLWTS
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    ........and nobody has even mentioned the Wizz Pickups.......so I will
    I think they are superb.....would take them over my Lollars or Throbacks any day ........they sound fantastic
  • Pretty sure if Ernie could play guitar, it would be a Goldtop.......
  • Pretty sure if Ernie could play guitar, it would be a Goldtop.......
    Ernie Wise?  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/

• I think Ernie plays the drums. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I do love that Goldtop...........if only it had been a better year
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • [Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/CyhzyGX.jpg)

Just a Gold top with a splash of cream type bump.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dominic said:
    I do love that Goldtop...........if only it had been a better year
    I mean income-wise not the guitar year !.....but I do think this is spectacular and such good value compared to the LP top end options
  • Cheers Dominic, I thought it wasn’t a bad price considering all the HM stuff on Reverb are upwards of £7k 
  • Bump!
  • TTT
  • Up