Thurston Moore/Spirit Counsel/Rough Trade Show 20/9

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
edited September 2019 in Music
Just got back after listening to 45mins of beautiful sonic noise. Unfortunately no Steve Shelly just Thurston, James Sedwards, Deb Googe and another female guitarist hammering it out on twelve string electrics also including the odd screwdriver and drumstick. To add further surrealness to the evening I was standing a few feet away from that man Steve Davis. See pic below of Thurston Moore’s Pedalboard
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good to see Thurston's still using the Turbo Rat!
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I do love Thurston's approach to guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2582
    Been to two Thurston gigs this evening. The first was a cool solo set in a pub, followed by the main gig at the venue.

I don't have the words....
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like his approach to the guitar, but his latest release is hard to take in on first listen for me. I would prefer Lee Ranaldo's stuff, but I did prefer the songs he sung in SY as well. Still, I'm splitting hairs here...
    They played all 63 minutes of Alice Moki Jayne last night. An amazing experience and absolutely ferocious at times - much better live than on record. I wonder how they do it - there's obviously improvisational elements, but they are definitely following a structure too.
    Would like to know what pedals he was using - delay featured quite a bit which is not normally the case.