Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Digitech FreqOut

What's Hot

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    zepp76 said:
    octatonic said:
    zepp76 said:
    You’ll have to excuse what might be a stupid question, but do you need to keep the foot switch pressed down in order to have the feedback sustain or is it a click on and click off once the feedback has come to an end?
    You can choose between having it latched or momentary.
    Momentary is the best way for my style of playing.

If you have it latched then it will come on with each new note.
    I like to have it set to fade in, like regular feedback would, when you step on the momentary.
    On a latched switch it is too much.
    zepp76 said:
    You’ll have to excuse what might be a stupid question, but do you need to keep the foot switch pressed down in order to have the feedback sustain or is it a click on and click off once the feedback has come to an end?
    It does both. Momentary where you hold the switch to have the effect happen and then it bypasses itself when you release. Or you can have it set to toggle mode, where pressing it on will apply the effect to every note you play through it and you have to press it again to bypass.
    Brilliant, thank you chaps. Momentary will be the one for me then. Time to do some eBay searching!
    Oh Lordy I’ve only gone and bought one and I only know the one song to use it on, what have I done?!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've not even used mine for myself yet, only used it for our other guitarist when tracking, and he wants to buy one now too. :lol:

Bye!

• zepp76 said:
    zepp76 said:
    octatonic said:
    zepp76 said:

I like to have it set to fade in, like regular feedback would, when you step on the momentary.
    zepp76 said:
    It does both. Momentary where you hold the switch to have the effect happen and then it bypasses itself when you release. Or you can have it set to toggle mode, where pressing it on will apply the effect to every note you play through it and you have to press it again to bypass.
    Brilliant, thank you chaps. Momentary will be the one for me then. Time to do some eBay searching!
    Oh Lordy I’ve only gone and bought one and I only know the one song to use it on, what have I done?!
    If you still dabble with a bit of Gilmour stuff, try Sorrow and let me know if it works. If so, it could make my list too. FFS, what a world.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • zepp76 said:
    zepp76 said:
    octatonic said:
    zepp76 said:

zepp76 said:
    Lol you’ll find others to use it on don’t you worry. Be careful it’s addictive :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    zepp76 said:
    zepp76 said:
    octatonic said:
    zepp76 said:

zepp76 said:
    If you still dabble with a bit of Gilmour stuff, try Sorrow and let me know if it works. If so, it could make my list too. FFS, what a world.
    @Jonathanthomas83 Sorrow of course! Well done mate that’s just doubled my library of songs I can use it on! I’m sure there’re more I’m just not thinking of at the moment. To everyone who has a freqOut how are you powering it? I’ve been reading of people having problems powering the pedal, I’m guessing my Strymon Ojai will be more than up to the job?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    It needs 235 mA 9v.
    It isn't a problem for most power supplies- on a PP2+ you use outputs 5/6 as they supply 250mA.

octatonic said:
    It needs 235 mA 9v.
    It isn't a problem for most power supplies- on a PP2+ you use outputs 5/6 as they supply 250mA.

That’s great Thankyou, my Ojai puts out 500mA of isolated power per output so I’m definitely covered there then. I’m a nobber aren’t I, I was supposed to be looking for a nice delay or cheap LP Junior style guitar and I end up buying this! Stoopid GAS!!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18730
    zepp76 said:
    octatonic said:
    It needs 235 mA 9v.

That’s great Thankyou, my Ojai puts out 500mA of isolated power per output so I’m definitely covered there then. I’m a nobber aren’t I, I was supposed to be looking for a nice delay or cheap LP Junior style guitar and I end up buying this! Stoopid GAS!!
    By George, I think he's got it!  :)
    Long may you continue to find fun :+1: 
    Right then, this should be the final question! Where in the chain should it go of Lovepedal Les Lius, FRV-1 reverb and Fulltone Supa-Trem? I honestly can’t figure out where it should be situated amongst those so any help is gratefully received, thank you.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited September 2019
    zepp76 said:
    zepp76 said:
    zepp76 said:
    octatonic said:
    zepp76 said:

zepp76 said:
    @Jonathanthomas83 Sorrow of course! Well done mate that’s just doubled my library of songs I can use it on! I’m sure there’re more I’m just not thinking of at the moment. To everyone who has a freqOut how are you powering it? I’ve been reading of people having problems powering the pedal, I’m guessing my Strymon Ojai will be more than up to the job?
    Ha, no worries mate! :-)

I reckon it's probably after drives and tone shaping pedals, but before reverb and trem, but I could be wrong.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • zepp76 said:
    Right then, this should be the final question! Where in the chain should it go of Lovepedal Les Lius, FRV-1 reverb and Fulltone Supa-Trem? I honestly can’t figure out where it should be situated amongst those so any help is gratefully received, thank you.
    I find it works best with as much a range of frequencies as possible so it goes first in my chain, before EQ or ODs which limit the frequency range. The only thing I have before mine is a compressor which allows it to hold onto the note longer.
    zepp76 said:
    I find it works best with as much a range of frequencies as possible so it goes first in my chain, before EQ or ODs which limit the frequency range. The only thing I have before mine is a compressor which allows it to hold onto the note longer.
    Thankyou that’s very interesting that you put a compressor before it, I’ve got a new Whirlwind Red Box sat in a box doing nothing.......this small board is getting bigger by the day!  :)
    I put it first.
    @WiresDreamDisasters I feel I must apologise to you Drew for completely hijacking your thread. Sorry mate!
    zepp76 said:
    @WiresDreamDisasters I feel I must apologise to you Drew for completely hijacking your thread. Sorry mate!
    Wait until you find out what his for you punishment is.
    I hope you like it messy.
    octatonic said:
    zepp76 said:
    Well, I’ve been told I take it on the chin well  :o
  • zepp76 said:
    octatonic said:
    zepp76 said:
    Well, I’ve been told I take it on the chin well  :o
    It's not your chin you need to worry about
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Your buttocks are mine.

Bye!

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1821
    edited September 2019
    Always at the very beginning of the chain I find. The Freqout out not his buttocks by the way ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    edited September 2019
    Always at the very beginning of the chain I find. The Freqout out not his buttocks by the way
    I’m so glad you explained that, I had terrible visions of the human centipede for a moment!  o
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom