Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Digitech FreqOut

What's Hot

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I got mine today (the freqOut,not Drew’s punishment!). What an addictive little pedal! There’s more knob twiddling to be done than I thought there would be but given enough time I’ll get what I need from it. All in all a great pedal that I’ve had some great fun playing around with for the limited time I’ve had today. A truly excellent purchase!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I got mine today, Amazon are doing them at £91 if anybody is looking.

God it's addictive. When I evetually turned it off I wondered why my amp wasn't responding!

Both momentary and auto work very, very well if you set it up right. I watched the Guitar Paradiso videe first which really helped. I went easy on the Gain and set the Onset to around 3 o clock and that worked beautifully for emphasising vibrato / bends.

Little box of magic, superb work Digitech.

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3468
    edited October 2019
    @zepp76 @Fuengi @WiresDreamDisasters or anyone else, can I get a convincing Pink Floyd Sorrow (PULSE album) style feedback from this pedal please?

You lot banging on about it has me gassing!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    @zepp76 @Fuengi @WiresDreamDisasters or anyone else, can I get a convincing Pink Floyd Sorrow (PULSE album) style feedback from this pedal please?

I reckon you could- it is pretty flexible in terms of note to get feeding back,

There is quite a bit of distortion on Sorrow, so you’d have to get that right but it sounds like the Nat Low setting would cover it for you convincingly enough.

• Thank you guys, much appreciated. I'll see if I can try one out somewhere. Cheap as chips for a cool pedal though!

Thank you guys, much appreciated. I'll see if I can try one out somewhere. Cheap as chips for a cool pedal though!
    Had another blast with the Mustang this afternoon, yep tremendous fun and better than reverb! 
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I have mine after the Ricochet, and when you've got the latter's pitch set to slowly descend/ascend it's fun to hear the Freqout follow it, the same way it would a string bend. You can do some weird slow motion dives, and send that into a reverse delay for extra fun.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    VJIves said:
    I have mine after the Ricochet, and when you've got the latter's pitch set to slowly descend/ascend it's fun to hear the Freqout follow it, the same way it would a string bend. You can do some weird slow motion dives, and send that into a reverse delay for extra fun.
    I’m wondering what weirdness would occur if I put my Malekko Sneak Attack in the mix?  :o
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    This has been on my wishlist for a while now but have never heard anyone mention it before. It's encouraging to read this thread and the positive experiences.
    Little blast this afternoon with an analogue delay in the FX loop), bit of drive and the Freqout. I really like the way the delay picks up the feedback frequency. You can hit a note to generate the feedback, mute the strings and let the delay trail off with the Freqout tone. Magical.

The delay is an old DOD FX90 I picked up yesterday, very nice indeed. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Ah now I'm gassing after one!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • So... Ebow... Slide... Freqout... 3rd harmonic setting.... Long ass oscillating tape delay, 100% wet reverb.

Dreamt.

Bye!

• Fuengi said:
    Little blast this afternoon with an analogue delay in the FX loop), bit of drive and the Freqout. I really like the way the delay picks up the feedback frequency. You can hit a note to generate the feedback, mute the strings and let the delay trail off with the Freqout tone. Magical.

Does it sound natural, like real feedback yeah?

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    Fuengi said:

Near enough to my ears without damaging them with real life volumed feedback  ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Nice!

Fuengi said:

Yes, I think it does. 
  • david57stratdavid57strat Frets: 21
    edited October 2019

I was able to pick up mine just before the New Year,  right before they hiked up the price.  Even at the higher price, it would have been well worth it.  I had a BOSS DF-2 Distortion Feedbacker, many years ago, and the distortion was okay, but the feedback feedback feature was gimmicky and awful.

The Frequout tracks very nicely, and is easily customize-able. Worthwhile unit that tastefully transforms your sound with wonderful feedback effects, without having to play at ear-splitting volume levels.  A must have.

Importing pictures here seems to be problematic.  Can anyone talk me through it?  There must be a way to put a direct link, where the picture appears within the thread, without having to click on the link.  On all other websites I use, I simply copy the BBCode (Directly from Imgur), and paste it, and it just works.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was able to pick up min just before the New Year,  right before they hiked up the price.  Even at the higher price, it would have been well worth it.  I had a BOSS DF-2 Distortion Feedbacker, many years ago, and the distortion was okay, but the feedback feedback feature was gimmicky and awful.

The Frequout tracks very nicely, and is easily customize-able. Worthwhile unit that tastefully transforms your sound with wonderful feedback effects, without having to play at ear-splitting volume levels.  A must have.

Importing pictures here seems to be problematic.  Can anyone talk me through it?  There must be a way to put a direct link, where the picture appears within the thread, without having to click on the link.  On all other websites I use, I simply copy the BBCode (Directly from Imgur), and paste it, and it just works.

Make sure to put it in the little image box thing at the top of the post, and press space after.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited October 2019
    Cool. I've been wanting something like this for years! 
    Kind of disagree that you need masses of volume to get feedback though. I can get nice (IMHO) feedback at home just by sticking my guitar in front of my amp. Obviously you need a bit though wouldn't work with headphones! Would be nice to have more control and be able to use it with different fx etc too.