SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Sterling by Music Man JV60 Valentine - £450

What's Hot
Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
edited October 2019 in Guitars £
Reluctantly considering to sell this beautiful Sterling Valentine JV60 by Ernie Ball Music Man. It really is in amazing condition, to be honest you could be mistaken for thinking it was brand new!
It is an extremely versatile guitar, with a Humbucker in the neck and a Single Coil in the Bridge, cleverly disguised as another Humbucker. It also has an active circuit allowing for a 12db boost via a push-push volume pot. It has a particularly beautiful roasted maple neck and locking tuners for quick and stable string changes. This guitar is also extraordinarily light and resonant, only 3.1kg which is less than some Music Man Valentines... I paid £550 for it myself (used), so I'm taking on quite a loss here even though I have barely played it. Comes in the original Sterling gig bag. Price is now £450 including postage, but can also be picked up here in Liverpool.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
    edited September 2019
    Price is now £500 including postage, non-negotiable I'm afraid. Almost down £200 from a new one, and this one is basically new! Literally paid £550 a week ago (used) and have barely played it for 10 minutes, only selling because finances all of a sudden smacked me in the face pretty hard... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1286
    This looks so close in terms of finish quality to a full fat musicman. Neck in particular!
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    The Sterlings are excellent value. Their Albert Lee is fantastic, a guitar I'd happily take home. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    Still for sale! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    When commenting before I didn't really take stock of how beautiful that guitar is. My brain just said "oh fucking fuck me" at how good it looks. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks mate, it really is! Price is now £450 posted, literally losing £100 on 1 month with this price but unfortunately it has to go... 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Ahh, went to PMT Birmingham on Saturday and tried a few things. They had two black ones of these that I fell slightly in love with. I think the Buttermilk is a nicer finish. 

I don't think I can take the plunge but that's a lovely guitar for somebody. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited October 2019
    It's really cool in black as well, but I agree that the Buttermilk is nicer! 

Another thing worth noting, I believe this is the only Sterling model (possibly some of the JPs as well) that is more or less identical to its Music Man counterpart spec wise. I looked into the Sterling Cutlass thinking it would be the same as the MM, but it has a poplar body and no roasted neck...