Some improvisation Over Snowy White's "Midnight Blues"

What's Hot
AornicAornic Frets: 475
edited September 2019 in Plug My Stuff

Recorded using a Tokai LS-150 with Seymour Duncan Antiquity PAF pickups into a Kemper Profiler with a Michael Britt Dumble Overdrive Special profile.

Still very out of my element doing this kind of improvisation so any feedback welcome!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• My only criticism would be to change positions. You're playing in position 1 at the 12th fret for 9 minutes, which becomes a bit samey. Use the entire fretboard to give it a bit of extra colour.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AornicAornic Frets: 475
    My only criticism would be to change positions. You're playing in position 1 at the 12th fret for 9 minutes, which becomes a bit samey. Use the entire fretboard to give it a bit of extra colour.
    I agree and thanks for the note. I'm not sure why I stuck there looking back at it now. I think I hear the original recording as staying around there and didn't want to go too crazy, but it definitely sounds redundant.
  • Great tone man! and some cool ideas. I would say really listen to your vibrato, where you add it, the speed of it, is it always needed etc. Also try to connect ideas, sometimes you went from a cool bend into a really fast run, its good to try and work your way into those runs so they don't just suddenly come from nowhere, it helps the listener follow your train of thought. Great work. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AornicAornic Frets: 475
    Great tone man! and some cool ideas. I would say really listen to your vibrato, where you add it, the speed of it, is it always needed etc. Also try to connect ideas, sometimes you went from a cool bend into a really fast run, its good to try and work your way into those runs so they don't just suddenly come from nowhere, it helps the listener follow your train of thought. Great work. 

Thanks very much for the feedback! I have been using vibrato as a default lately and I need to switch it up for sure.