Speaker Mod

Hey all its my first post here.
I came across this cool mod I intend performing on my trusted Marshall Code 25 to hook up to my 4 X 4 speaker cab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5reuzceNOZ0&list=PL6VLcy_Vd29EBpkQd5_cXWs9yNII7vlBV&index=2&t=0s

does anyone know the name of this female jack plug and where i can buy one in preferably Europe?

cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    https://www.allparts.uk.com/collections/connectors

You might find the right connector here
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    They're made by Cliff - there are copies, but they're not as good.

You need a mono, switched, solder loop one. They're available on Amazon and Ebay if you can't find one locally.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CL1160A-Socket-female-switch-angled/dp/B013RJ875K/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=cliff+jack+socket&qid=1569485179&s=gateway&sr=8-5

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-35mm-1-4-Panel-Mount-Mono-Jack-Socket-CLIFF-ELECTRONIC-COMPONENTS/133168331841?epid=20007738958&hash=item1f01737c41:g:BdEAAOSwZuxdeTIs

Make sure you check the impedance of the amp's internal speaker and the cab first - if the cab impedance is lower than the amp's speaker, you could damage the amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• adaminoadamino Frets: 125
    Thanks for the info.
    I am looking at getting the 6 pin so i can use 2 spaeakers. I love the fact that the speaker will disengage when changing from combo to a 4 x 4 cab as explained in the mod.
    adamino said:

I am looking at getting the 6 pin so i can use 2 spaeakers.
    The number of pins makes no difference to the number of speakers you can use - it's a mono output regardless. Don't use the 6-pin jack, it increases the risk of shorting the amp's output if you put the plug in when the amp is on, which could damage it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    This thread keeps reminding me of John Bercow & Brexit - I've got it bad haven't I ? :'(
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    This thread keeps reminding me of John Bercow & Brexit - I've got it bad haven't I ? :'(
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited October 2019
    did this yesterday  on a Marshall Bass 12 combo - used Neutrik NMJ4HC-S 1/4" Mono Jack Socket Switched Panel Chassis Mount 6.3mm Chrome - available ebay n others CPC  

Bass 12 sounds a rather good through a 4x12 :-) 

Thanks for the headsup
    JMP220478 said:

Yes, they do don't they .

JMP220478 said:
    did this yesterday  on a Marshall Bass 12 combo - used Neutrik NMJ4HC-S 1/4" Mono Jack Socket Switched Panel Chassis Mount 6.3mm Chrome - available ebay n others CPC  

Thanks for the headsup

does this jack disengage the 4 x 4 and engage the speaker on the combo when unplugged?
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited October 2019
    adamino said:
    JMP220478 said:

Thanks for the headsup

does this jack disengage the 4 x 4 and engage the speaker on the combo when unplugged?
    in my case the 4x12 - but yes 

amp wiring to internal speaker acts as normal until you insert plug into the switched jack socket - then combo speaker is disengaged and output goes to  your speaker cab of choice .. Remove the inserted external jack lead and output goes back to internal speaker.

- as a word of caution - ensure amp is switched off when performing the swap from internal to external speakers and vice versa to avoid any issues.

That's great.Thank you very much =)