Arpeggios Are King! Lesson

theguitarclinictheguitarclinic Frets: 6
edited September 2019 in Plug My Stuff
Hi fellow 6 stringers! (I know could be 7,8 or 9..) I've recently started a new youtube channel! I am a pro guitarist and wanted to start the channel to share some knowledge and experience with the world! Here is one of my lessons:
I would love to get some feedback on it so if you could spare a few minutes to check it out and the rest of the channel, it would be much appreciated.
Also this is me: www.lewisturnerguitar.com 
Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hello Lewis. Welcome to The Fretboard. Can't seem to be able to start and view the vid that you've attached to this post....but I've seen your Toob vids....particularly like the 1 minute guitar tips. Keep posting please.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks Stanley, I've just changed the video and re attached, cheers! 
  • You certainly know your way around the fretboard. This is how I think I sound and play like in my head.....but really I'm banging out power chords/Nazareth riffs....lol.
  • Hey man you can't beat the pure joy of smashing out some power chords and great riffs! It's why we all started playing right..?!
  • Aye....you're so right. I did contemplate venturing into the more jazz orientated style of playing....thought it would bring another aspect to my playing and chord knowledge....bought a Mickey Baker book....opened it up....and quickly closed it again! Never to reappear.

I'll stick to playing what I can vaguely manage.

Toodlepip for now.
  • I never really know when to use arpeggios effectively so I’ll have a watch of this later, thanks.
  • I never really know when to use arpeggios effectively so I’ll have a watch of this later, thanks.
    Cool, let me know what you think!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    edited September 2019
    Welcome to the forum of err.....well...lets call it enthusiasts ;-)

As much as Id like to say I understand any of what you said...I didn't ...Ill wait till the more basic arpeggios come along.

On a different note ( pun ?)....you may want to improve the lighting in the video ...it's almost lit from behind which isn't great for the viewer.

Good luck with the channel.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Great stuff, appreciate the feedback thanks.