Behringer User Forum(XR18) Help. (Update New Question Urgent)

What's Hot
GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
edited October 2019 in Live
Hi, hoping  someone can help,I used to be a member on a Behringer Forum,it was started for the XR32,which had some really good knowledgeable members,but I can't find it,i've searched everywhere,i've found a general maufacturers forum but the one I used to read,a bit of a long shot but can anyone help?.
Cheers,Graham.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Ooh, I’m interested in the answer to this. Need to get my XR18 knowledge increased.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Was it the music tribe forum?
    The Facebook group has a lot helpful members and advice but there are also quite a few users on here so if you have specific questions just ask away.
  • mrkb said:
    Ooh, I’m interested in the answer to this. Need to get my XR18 knowledge increased.

John_P said:
    Was it the music tribe forum?
    The Facebook group has a lot helpful members and advice but there are also quite a few users on here so if you have specific questions just ask away.
    Mark,i've only just bought the XR,but if we can be of any help to each other,we can keep the thread going or compare notes by PM,whichever works out best.

John P.Yes I believe it was accessible through the Tribe forum,but the "Forum" accessible from there now is nothing like the original,which I believe started life as an XR32 Forum & Wiki,but the original format seems to have disappeared,but i'll keep at it.
    Are you an XR18 user ?.
    Cheers,Graham.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8693
    We use the X18 Air. There are a number of other users. This could be an interesting thread.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited September 2019
    I’ve been using an XR18 for around 18 months now, so I’m happy to help if I can.
  • Well I just cannot find the original Behringer forum on the XR series,there is what appears to be a diluted new ? Forum on the Music Tribe website & I recognise one of the main contributors from the old forum on there,so i'm going to join & see what I can find from there.
    In the meantime con anyone help me with a question about the effects section on the XR18?
    When i'm on the "Main Section" I see a different reading of the Fader levels on the 4 FX returns,compared to if I view the return faders by clicking on the 4 FX buttons on the  right of the mixing section,i hope i'm making this clear,it's harder to explain than I thought it would be. :/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Screen images would help
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    edited September 2019
    Roland said:
    Screen images would help
    I'll do my best,i'll see if I can work out how to do it.
  • This seems to be the best I can do with the screenshots,i can only get the URL ? to post,not the screenshot itself.but I have checked & the URL does open.
    Thanks.
    https://imgur.com/dzxUk2g.
    https://imgur.com/ehz2Ssb
    If I’m reading this correctly then you’re looking at two separate settings.
    1.  -4.8 on channel 14 is the signal being sent to FX3 (compression).
    2.  -5.8 is the level which the FX sends back to the mix. 

So, if you want to change the amount of compression on George’s vocals then you move the slider on channel 14. If you want to change the overall amount of compression in the mix then you move the level on the extreme right. This is a bit easier to understand with Reverb rather than Compression.
  • Roland said:

So, if you want to change the amount of compression on George’s vocals then you move the slider on channel 14. If you want to change the overall amount of compression in the mix then you move the level on the extreme right. This is a bit easier to understand with Reverb rather than Compression.
    Hi,Roland.i'm ok with the FX send,i think I have that figured out,what i'm confused about are the 4 x FX return faders.
    In Image 1 when the "Main" button is selected the "FX" Faders are showing as Unity.
    In Image 2 when the "FX3" Button is selected the "FX" Faders are showing as Zero.
    In other words the Fader values are not tracking between the "Main" & "FX" Buttons,so I don't know whether to set the "Return" values from the FX button page or the Main button page.
    I'm really doing my best to make this clear,but even as i'm typing i'm confused reading it back =)
    GrahamG said:
    Roland said:

Hi,Roland.i'm ok with the FX send,i think I have that figured out,what i'm confused about are the 4 x FX return faders.
    In Image 1 when the "Main" button is selected the "FX" Faders are showing as Unity.
    In Image 2 when the "FX3" Button is selected the "FX" Faders are showing as Zero.
    In other words the Fader values are not tracking between the "Main" & "FX" Buttons,so I don't know whether to set the "Return" values from the FX button page or the Main button page.
    I'm really doing my best to make this clear,but even as i'm typing i'm confused reading it back =)
    When you’re on the fx tab you wouldn’t want the fx faders up unless you are feeding the output of one fx into another.  Leave them down.    
    On the fx page use the channel faders to decide how much effect you want each channel to send to the effect.
    On the main LR output mix screen (and monitor busses) turn up the four fx faders to choose how much effect you want to hear overall in that mix.  
    As John said, on each of the fx tabs, it shows the level of the other fx busses than could input to that fx bus. So of fx tab 1, the outputs from fx 2 fx 3 and fx4 could be inputs to the fx1 effect if needed, otherwise set them to zero.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • John_P said:
    GrahamG said:
    Roland said:

When you’re on the fx tab you wouldn’t want the fx faders up unless you are feeding the output of one fx into another.  Leave them down.    
    On the fx page use the channel faders to decide how much effect you want each channel to send to the effect.
    On the main LR output mix screen (and monitor busses) turn up the four fx faders to choose how much effect you want to hear overall in that mix.  
    mrkb said:
    As John said, on each of the fx tabs, it shows the level of the other fx busses than could input to that fx bus. So of fx tab 1, the outputs from fx 2 fx 3 and fx4 could be inputs to the fx1 effect if needed, otherwise set them to zero.

Many thanks to you both,i should have realised I was looking at different functions for the FX Faders on each tab,old age is not what it's cracked up to be sometimes :# .
    Just out of curiosity,why would you want to do that ? & of course that would explain the mad oscillation I've heard from time to time,from the Returns,i presume.
    Thanks,Graham.
    I fed one fx bus into another when I sent all my drum mics to a multi band compresser in fx1, then sent the compressed drum feed from fx1 onto a reverb in fx2. But it was easier to do individual compression on each mic channel in the end, so I’ve stopped doing that.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    I fed one fx bus into another when I sent all my drum mics to a multi band compresser in fx1, then sent the compressed drum feed from fx1 onto a reverb in fx2. But it was easier to do individual compression on each mic channel in the end, so I’ve stopped doing that.
    Sounds like i'd be out of my depth,by a good bit. =)
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    Urgent newbie question.
    How do you control the levels/ouput for 17/18 Line,can't find the fader location & as far as I can tell no Manual info ?
    help please :3
    GrahamG said:
    Urgent newbie question.
    How do you control the levels/ouput for 17/18 Line,can't find the fader location & as far as I can tell no Manual info ?
    help please :3
    Aux in.   
    It should be a fader to the right of each mix page.   1-16 channels then the aux in fader before effects return faders.  

Run a signal in with nothing else and you should see the meter lighting up. 
  • John_P said:
    GrahamG said:
    Urgent newbie question.
    help please 3
    Aux in.   
    It should be a fader to the right of each mix page.   1-16 channels then the aux in fader before effects return faders.  

Run a signal in with nothing else and you should see the meter lighting up. 
    Thanks John P,will try it Today,we used the XR for it's 1st gig last night,sound was really surprisingly good(with our old fashioned out door PA),but we did experience some audio drop out later in the sets,but we suspect it may be the old DBX unit,we've had trouble with it before.