SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No longer for sale: Martin CEO-7 (Last Price Drop: £1750)

What's Hot
pjfpjf Frets: 330
edited December 2019 in Acoustics £
Martin CEO-7 in excellent original condition. I imported this brand new from the US in summer 2014. It was one of the first CEO-7s to arrive in the UK (serial no. 524). Sadly this guitar has turned out to be a bit of a "case queen" as I never could bring myself to gig it. Importantly (to some), this guitar has genuine mahogany back and sides, not sipo.

Sound-wise it is a monster: adirondack top, scalloped bracing, very thin finish, unmistakably Martin in tone but with a sweet Gibson-esque 24.9" scale length. To my knowledge it is the only CEO model they have kept in full production, these are enormously popular little blues machines. 1 3/4" nut width. Comes with original Martin hard case in excellent condition, wine red interior, including hang tags and other original documents.

Condition-wise the guitar has three tiny marks which I have captured in the photos: (1) a small scratch below the D string tuner; (2) a very faint mark on the upper bout which you can only see in certain light; (3) a mark in the nitro finish on the back, possibly from a stand, I'm not sure – but again it can be seen only in certain lighting. All that to say the guitar is near mint - but I am very picky about condition descriptions!

£1900.
£1850.
£1800.

£1750. 

Original images from My Favorite Guitars (US):

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/5V8rZNm

And here: https://imgur.com/a/mxJUDXh

Thanks. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pjfpjf Frets: 330
    Bump!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump for the weekend. 
  • I’m in the market for a small bodied acoustic guitar and I live in Paris.. agggghhh. Don’t do this to me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha. I did wonder when I saw your advert inc. shipping to France! Will shoot you a PM.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Both fantastic guitars
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Would you be open to trades by any chance? And if so what are you looking for? 
    Andy79 said:
    Both fantastic guitars
    Thanks - and agreed! Tonally, very different beasts; but stylistically it always amazes me how little has changed since the “glory days” of the 30s and 40s.

Fatboylim said:
    Would you be open to trades by any chance? And if so what are you looking for? 
    Sorry, I am not really looking for anything else at the moment, just trying to downsize a bit. (Usual story, girlfriend’s orders... and space is tight in Paris...).

With that caveat, feel free to PM me if you like - you never know
  • Hi... silly question.... the colour on the upper bout of the CEO-7 seems to be a different colour to the lower bout where the sunburst fades to black - is that just the pics or is it different in real life? Also.... what a beautiful pair of guitars you have!
    Hi... silly question.... the colour on the upper bout of the CEO-7 seems to be a different colour to the lower bout where the sunburst fades to black - is that just the pics or is it different in real life? Also.... what a beautiful pair of guitars you have!
    Thanks, Greg. The dark colour on the upper and lower bouts is uniform, it is just the lighting/my crap photography skills! It’s really a great sunburst, Martin have done themselves proud on this one. 
    Bump, and GBP prices updated. I have a UK bank account so no difficulties with payment in pounds.
    Bump again. Some interest this side of the Channel but no takers yet. Package deal, anyone? :)
    Bump for the weekend and price drop on the CEO-7. Save nearly £1k on the new price - let me know if you see one for less.
  • Someone needs to buy that CEO-7 (so I don't!)
     greggreg66 said:
    Someone needs to buy that CEO-7 (so I don't!)
    Sorry, Gregg. It stays here for now :) and bump
    Bump. Got a good shipping box for the CEO-7 and will package it to be bomb-proof. 

Alternatively, I will be in the east midlands from 21 December to 1 January and could meet/deliver within reason.

New photo of the CEO-7 (excuse reflections, photography skills are not getting any better!)

Another price drop on the CEO-7. Let me know if you see a cheaper one in the UK (same for the Kalamazoo...)  :)
    KG-14 withdrawn for now. 
    Bumping this up. It's now on Gumtree too.
    Tough crowd :) let’s try a final price drop to just £1750, seeing as it’s Christmas. Now an absolute bargain in my (admittedly-biased) opinion!
    Bump and new photos added.