PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• paulnb57 said:
    Not really sure what this months theme means?...
    Well @Jonathangus said that he thought it could be a more guitar-related theme this month... my personal take on it is anything green or green-related though; whether that be the colour green, ecologically green, new, however you want to interpret it...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4500
    Yes, wide open to interpretation this one (after last month, which was always going to end up with a load of sunrises and sunsets).  So, anything where the predominant colour or focal point is green, or pics of a Greta Thunberg rally, or if @kirkhammett is lurking...
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    If only we all inferred the theme to be of our best bogeys  :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    beed84 said:
    If only we all inferred the theme to be of our best bogeys  :)
    I nearly posted the same, but bottled it!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited August 2020
    Ive posted a photo of my favourite green thing...

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Was getting worried that I'd chosen a crap topic, but really liking all of these so far.  Keep 'em coming!

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26953
    I'm struggling for inspiration and/or motivation this month. I do have a green guitar but that feels cheap.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'm struggling for inspiration and/or motivation this month. I do have a green guitar but that feels cheap.

Do it! :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    My picture is of a parakeet on a branch of an ash tree in my garden. Apparently some escaped from a zoo in the 1990s and now there are thousands of them all over SE England. We regularly get 50+ sitting in our trees squawking away. The bird in the picture was munching on some berries from a laurel bush in my garden. I love the way it holds the laurel stalk with the berry in a claw and eats it.

The photo was a fluke .. I was testing a new telephoto lens when I spotted it.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    My picture is of a parakeet on a branch of an ash tree in my garden. Apparently some escaped from a zoo in the 1990s and now there are thousands of them all over SE England. We regularly get 50+ sitting in our trees squawking away. The bird in the picture was munching on some berries from a laurel bush in my garden. I love the way it holds the laurel stalk with the berry in a claw and eats it.

The photo was a fluke .. I was testing a new telephoto lens when I spotted it.

Funnily enough, I was reading only recently about wild parakeets in this country, and the other day as I was driving into London I saw a big flock of them over the A12 near Stratford

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    They’ve actually been around since the 60s in parts of the south. I used to see huge flocks of them when I lived in West London. There’s been a lot of theories about where they originally came from, the funniest ones I’ve heard are either that Jimi Hendrix deliberately released a pair (cos, yeah, the world needs peace, love and parakeets man) or they escaped from the film set of the Rex Harrison version of Dr Doolittle. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    boogieman said:
    They’ve actually been around since the 60s in parts of the south. I used to see huge flocks of them when I lived in West London. There’s been a lot of theories about where they originally came from, the funniest ones I’ve heard are either that Jimi Hendrix deliberately released a pair (cos, yeah, the world needs peace, love and parakeets man) or they escaped from the film set of the Rex Harrison version of Dr Doolittle. 

Wow .. didn't know that .. received wisdom where I live says they escaped from a local bird sanctuary. I've had 50+ in my garden making one hell of a racket.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Fretwired said:
    boogieman said:

Wow .. didn't know that .. received wisdom where I live says they escaped from a local bird sanctuary. I've had 50+ in my garden making one hell of a racket. 

Yeah they’re incredibly noisy all right. I think I read somewhere they’ve officially been declared a pest now. 
  • boogieman said:
    Yeah, the thing I read was debunking the “Jimi Hendrix released them” theory... I think it was on Atlas Obscura

• westfordwestford Frets: 580
    We used to see them in the garden when we lived in Uxbridge. I think it was the Dr Doolittle rumour we heard, was that filmed at Pinewood Studios?

• *** VOTING IS NOW OPEN IN THE PHOTO THREAD ***

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

I've just got back from holiday in Northumberland.  Got some okay shots but didn't have my laptop, so had to rely on the Fuji app to transfer them to my phone.    The App is pants, it connects but then my photos had weird artifacts when imported to the iphone.  There's an option for mobile but it scales the pics down to 3mp.  Much as I like the camera I can't believe the integration with mobile is so bad in 2020.  Perhaps I should have taken an ipad and card reader or something.

Anyway, not my best shot of the weekend and it's 3mp, as opposed to 24, but was running out of time to post so uploaded this.  Jave just got back so posted the direct link so it displays properly.   This has got a real Windows XP vibe.....

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4167
    edited August 2020

I've just got back from holiday in Northumberland.  Got some okay shots but didn't have my laptop, so had to rely on the Fuji app to transfer them to my phone.    The App is pants, it connects but then my photos had weird artifacts when imported to the iphone.  There's an option for mobile but it scales the pics down to 3mp.  Much as I like the camera I can't believe the integration with mobile is so bad in 2020.  Perhaps I should have taken an ipad and card reader or something.

Anyway, not my best shot of the weekend and it's 3mp, as opposed to 24, but was running out of time to post so uploaded this.  Jave just got back so posted the direct link so it displays properly.   This has got a real Windows XP vibe.....

I love the colours in that picture. Fuji seem to be particularly good at greens! I found the Fuji app to be really slow at transferring, to the extent that it would look like it had crashed, but I never had any issues with artifacts.

My camera now is a Panasonic and the app isn't much better. I did read something a while back where the reviewer was marvelling at how badly camera manufacturers seem to implement WiFi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom