Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

London International Guitar Show - Sunday 27th Oct - Kempton Park Race Course

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    I was thinking of trying to bring a few more guitars along than I usually manage with the Birmingham show - closer proximity may afford me that.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    I was thinking of trying to bring a few more guitars along than I usually manage with the Birmingham show - closer proximity may afford me that.
    spares are good for 'pocket money' - if it does not interfere with your overall game plan
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 403
    Great show last year.   The girl serving chips one at a time was painful to watch but some fantastic gear on display.
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    I'm exhibiting again. Only done 2 shows this year, but think from next year onwards it will be 2-3 max (Haydock, Bristol and Kempton)
    I’m pretty much doing the same Ed...oh, and I’ll let our mate with the multimeter know you’ll be there too... ;) 
    Haha that was funny. I will bring mine to save him having to faff around with his so much.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    I have gigs Friday and Saturday but they are very local so I am going to try and make it.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    CAn exhibitors please bring gadgets and accessories.  Can’t afford / don’t need guitars but can always come back home with small stuff that doesn’t  get noticed :)

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Shame DV Mark amps aren't exhibiting at this one otherwise I would've gone  :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    tFB Trader
    sev112 said:
    CAn exhibitors please bring gadgets and accessories.  Can’t afford / don’t need guitars but can always come back home with small stuff that doesn’t  get noticed :)

Normally a strong supply/display of such items at this show - But look and explore accordingly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    It looks to be almost inaccessible by public transport. Shame.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    scrumhalf said:
    Kempton Park station
    tFB Trader
    scrumhalf said:
    Kempton Park station
    station leads straight into the carpark - was pleasantly surprised how easy it was 

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    scrumhalf said:
    Kempton Park station
    station leads straight into the carpark - was pleasantly surprised how easy it was 
    Thanks.
    tFB Trader
    Looks a strong list of exhibitors to be present at the show
  • I'm gonna be there...
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 403
    Had to leave early last year but the guy demoing a series of 'bursts through LazyJ amps and a Bose PA was superb.
    tFB Trader
    uncledick said:
    Had to leave early last year but the guy demoing a series of 'bursts through LazyJ amps and a Bose PA was superb.
    Was that Phil Harris - Often runs some vintage clinics at the show
    tFB Trader
    quick promo video of the London Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6LKykNXgWk
  • I'll be there with CUK Audio representing:

FUJIGEN (FGN) guitars Made in Japan

Heritage factory set up in 1960 based in Matsumoto, Japan and responsible for MANY of the larger brands most successful guitars – think MIJ Fender strats from the late 80’s to mid 90’s, Yamaha artist basses, Ibanez Prestige.  Wanting to have a little more control over their futures they are focussing more on their own brand FGN Fujigen electric guitars & basses, which are all 100% hand made in the same factory.  Great history, great guitars, great price points.

Images: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UwZGK0E7vAQ22QoUa5dAUXsRU3vzZw_K

www.facebook.com/fgnguitarsuk

DOWINA guitars

Established just outside of Bratislava, Slovakia near the banks of the Danube in the 1970’s as a violin luthier, Stan leads Dowina acoustic guitars and spends the majority of his time travelling the world sourcing woods and hand selecting top material.  Three distinct product levels – Antique, where the solid tops are selected by Stan and then sent to the Cort factory for glue work before being returned where Stands team then finishes the necks, fretting, electrics & set ups.  Then you have Vintage, 100% solid, 100% made in smaller batches by the craftsmen in Slovakia.  Select woods, beautiful attention to detail and competitively priced with some great Hybrid classical models and finishes.  Finally, the Master range are all hand made by Stan from absolutely the best woods available and highlight the workmanship that comes from this workshop

Images: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17KrIiPRlP7FWfzTxWAnOb0v3Sdqb5RTE

RECORDING KING guitars

Vintage 1930’s brand reborn and brought up to date with modern manufacturing techniques but designs that focus on the 1930’s heritage.  Great value folk instruments all with a real sense of ‘Americana’ – Parlour, 000 and Dreadnaught guitars, mandolins, resonators, banjos and lapsteels all at keen price points.

HIPSTRAP straps

With such awesome guitars available it made sense to get something equally desirable to hang them from – enter Hipstrap, 100% handmade to order in Buenos Aires Argentina.

Come say hi! 

tFB Trader

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 911
    Thinking about swinging along to this but being a mainly acoustic kind of chap and having never attended one of these shows before, I'm wondering - are these mainly electric affairs or is there a good % of acoustic stands as well?
    Cheers