SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: case for Martin OO

I’m building a guitar from Martin OO 12-fret plans at the moment, and I’m looking for a hard case so I’m ready to take it home when complete. Martin themselves do a perfect one but it’s £400...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SagoSago Frets: 0
    I have a Martin case which housed an old 14 fret 00 which might be just right for you. It was bought new by the previous owner but it's almost unused as I had a Pegasus case which I use instead. I'm happy to get it out and send you a photo plus measurements if that helps. 
  • SparksSparks Frets: 29
    I’d love the measurements, thanks. Suspect that mine would rattle around in there but I may be wrong. 
  • SagoSago Frets: 0
    I doubt if it would rattle about as the body size is the key. The measurements of my guitar which fit snuggly are:
    Overall length 39-1/4". Body length 18-7/8". Width lower bout 14-1/8". Width top bout 11". Depth l/b 3-7/8". Depth t/b 3-7/16".
    Hope this helps. If I can I'll send you some photos via email.
  • Sparks said:
    I’m building a guitar from Martin OO 12-fret plans at the moment, and I’m looking for a hard case so I’m ready to take it home when complete. Martin themselves do a perfect one but it’s £400...
    What guitar are you planning to build? 

A 12 fret 00 should fit into a classical guitar case without too much trouble. 
  • SparksSparks Frets: 29
    It’s well underway already - a Martin OO, with neck joining at 12th fret. At the moment it’s just a neck and a pile of thicknessed top, back and ribs.