Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED WTB a fuzz pedal, but...

What's Hot

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    You want the moon on a stick  :)
    Hah! Problem is I'm not as well versed in fuzz pedals as I am with delays and reverbs. I know what I like when I hear it. It has been a long and frustrating search so far! 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    joetele said:
    Probably no so much looking at your muff style pedals, probably more tonebender style but a bit more open 
    Maybe look into something based on the Harmonic Percolator.  When you switch/dial the clipping diodes out, it opens up into a sweet fuzzy overdrive sort of thing.  A Catalinbread Karma Suture might be a good shout.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    joetele said:
    Probably no so much looking at your muff style pedals, probably more tonebender style but a bit more open 
    Maybe look into something based on the Harmonic Percolator.  When you switch/dial the clipping diodes out, it opens up into a sweet fuzzy overdrive sort of thing.  A Catalinbread Karma Suture might be a good shout.
    Yeah I've browsed a few, anyone selling anything like that? 
    Also quite like the idea of the Earthquaker Spires 
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I might have a Frazz Dazzler to sell. Large array of sounds and also a blend mix to allow the amp sound to also come through which can obviously allow a lot of control over the sound
    I might have a Frazz Dazzler to sell. Large array of sounds and also a blend mix to allow the amp sound to also come through which can obviously allow a lot of control over the sound
    Shoot me your price via PM dude
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    Worth remembering that stacking some fuzz with other pedals can get interesting. An eq before can be good for boosting bass and pushing different harmonics for example. 
    Wisdom here. I've said it before etc, but I've not come across a better fuzz tone than a standard Big Muff with a Tubescreamer-type pedal (I use a Vox Valvetone) in front of it. The overdrive opens the sound up so much, makes it feel dirty but controllable at the same time and it cuts through. Cheap, too.
  • I really like the katzenkonig.  It's pretty flexible
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I really like the katzenkonig.  It's pretty flexible
    +1 this could be what you're after
    I've got a line on a cheap Dusky Hypatia - anyone tried one? I'm liking the few demos I've found so far 
  • HeelHeel Frets: 271
    Sounds like you want the cheapest fuzz you can buy. 
    edited October 2019
    Heel said:
    Not really, mate - a "cheap" Hypatia is still £125. I'd been looking at a Hypatia anyway but saw a B stock one on Instagram this morning. 
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    I just accidentally listened to this, and made me think of this thread...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7X3_cfCeYo
    ?
  • HeelHeel Frets: 271
    joetele said:
    Heel said:
    Not really, mate - a "cheap" Hypatia is still £125. I'd been looking at a Hypatia anyway but saw a B stock one on Instagram this morning. 
    Your description makes no sense at all. It sounds like you’ve never tried a series of fuzzies and determined the sound you want. Sticking a load of nouns together and asking ‘WHAT DO I WANT’ is useless. I don’t know what gear you’ve got. I don’t know what sound you want. I don’t know what era of fuzz you want. So get a cheap one and get back to me. 
    edited October 2019
    Heel said:
    joetele said:
    Heel said:
    Your description makes no sense at all. It sounds like you’ve never tried a series of fuzzies and determined the sound you want. Sticking a load of nouns together and asking ‘WHAT DO I WANT’ is useless. I don’t know what gear you’ve got. I don’t know what sound you want. I don’t know what era of fuzz you want. So get a cheap one and get back to me. 
    Or you can fuck off? Seriously, this has been a thread where I describe what I'm after in a light-hearted fashion, ask people what they have, check demos. Seems like entirely your problem here. Don't be a dick. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    Fat Freak by GimpFX.

Scroll to the bottom. It's basically a Woolley Mammoth clone. Cheap as chips. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/163213/pedals-you-want-diamond-keeley-moogerfooger-empress-hbe-sonuus-fulltone-vintage-mxr#latest

here's a demo. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=i1mgNYhDiUc

I also have a triangle muff clone made by Baja Tech called The MOAF, very cool. Also up for grabs. 

Only two available vids that I could find...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k9lMC52S2U

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2198
    edited October 2019
    Fuzz is a hard one to get right for sure.  I've got a EQD Cloven Hoof en route to me. If it doesn't work out it may appear in the classifieds next week. 
    Fishboy7 said:
    Fuzz is a hard one to get right for sure.  I've got a Cloven Hood en route to me. If it doesn't work out it may appear in the classifieds next week. 
    Too right. I've tried a few different ones before but thought I'd ask an informed bunch for some pointers and through the various suggestions based on my terrible description I've managed to narrow it down far better. So thanks everyone who has contributed, I might yet buy one of yours. 
  • I've got a Suhr Rufus for sale. Check out the Prymaxe demo by Mike Hermans. They aren't a typical Fuzz, very versatile.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    I've got a Suhr Rufus for sale. Check out the Prymaxe demo by Mike Hermans. They aren't a typical Fuzz, very versatile.
    Someone else recommended this one too. I'm intrigued! Will check out demo.