New source audio collider - delay/reverb

What's Hot
sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

https://musictoyz.com/source-audio-one-series-collider-delay-reverb-guitar-pedal/

impressive specs for sure.

got a case of the don't needs but want...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fair play. The Ventris is one of the best reverbs on the market and the Nemesis sounded killer too and I loved having both of them. But in the end I decided I preferred to have access to more parameters on the pedal without having to use software. So I flogged them.

Bye!

• It has 5 delay types and 7 reverb types on board. Can you load other delay/reverb types through the software? I think you can get secondary bunch of delays on the nemesis (probably can on the Ventris but never tried it).
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • It has 5 delay types and 7 reverb types on board. Can you load other delay/reverb types through the software? I think you can get secondary bunch of delays on the nemesis (probably can on the Ventris but never tried it).
    I would assume it's the same as the Nemesis and Ventris - on those you can overload the slots with an engine of your choice.

Bye!

• They'd do well to mention that as a big selling point, I reckon. Though, complexity and confusion is a good reason not to.

• According to TGP's thread, apparently what you see it was you get with the Collider: you can't load up slots with different engines.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Holy shit - at last, a delay/reverb pedal that isn't too big and has presets.

This could be exactly what I've been looking for.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    It has 5 delay types and 7 reverb types on board. Can you load other delay/reverb types through the software? I think you can get secondary bunch of delays on the nemesis (probably can on the Ventris but never tried it).
    I would assume it's the same as the Nemesis and Ventris - on those you can overload the slots with an engine of your choice.

I think this is one that is less complex. Core delay and reverb, high quality, but I don't think it uses the App.

I think this is one that is less complex. Core delay and reverb, high quality, but I don't think it uses the App.
    Hmmm, probably not enough parameters for me then. I never understood why they didn't just add a "hold a switch and turn the knob to access a secondary layer of parameters" like the smaller Strymon boxes have.

Basically over the last year or so I have discovered... I HATE tweaking at a computer. Would much rather bend down to a pedalboard and tweak in the heat of the moment. Most of my good ideas are completely spontaneous and I need gear that encourages that.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    https://www.sourceaudio.net/collider_delay_reverb.html

Seems there are App options. I'll have a read. 
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited October 2019
    It has 5 delay types and 7 reverb types on board. Can you load other delay/reverb types through the software? I think you can get secondary bunch of delays on the nemesis (probably can on the Ventris but never tried it).

Hmmm, probably not enough parameters for me then. I never understood why they didn't just add a "hold a switch and turn the knob to access a secondary layer of parameters" like the smaller Strymon boxes have.

Basically over the last year or so I have discovered... I HATE tweaking at a computer. Would much rather bend down to a pedalboard and tweak in the heat of the moment. Most of my good ideas are completely spontaneous and I need gear that encourages that.
    Me too. On both accounts.
    According to TGP's thread, apparently what you see it was you get with the Collider: you can't load up slots with different engines.
    That's a mistake, IMO. Surprises me, that.

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Not a mistake as they don't want to steal sales from themselves. 

This WYSIWYG interpretation is perfect for my needs and I would swap my much loved nemesis for it. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • True enough. Does bug me though, means that users will never get the "perfect product" based on that rationale. Mighty shame.

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Specs look great, but looks tacky and cheap. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    soma1975 said:

This WYSIWYG interpretation is perfect for my needs and I would swap my much loved nemesis for it. 

there's definitely more options in the app, which I presume you can attach to the control 1& 2 knobs as desired.

anyone know if the tape does multihead options?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Apparently, there IS a mistake in the new manual for this pedal, and no, you cannot change the engines. It is set and forget in terms of what actual delay and reverb types you can access, I assume you can tweak the actual types you have though (the 12 on the dial).
    True enough. Does bug me though, means that users will never get the "perfect product" based on that rationale. Mighty shame.
    A Ventris and a Nemesis is the perfect product tbf. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    sgosden said:
    soma1975 said:

there's definitely more options in the app, which I presume you can attach to the control 1& 2 knobs as desired.

I believe only the engines listed on it are available, unlike the Nemesis or Ventris, which is a shame because I love the echorec on the Nemesis which was a later addition. 

soma1975 said:
    sgosden said:
    soma1975 said:

I believe only the engines listed on it are available, unlike the Nemesis or Ventris, which is a shame because I love the echorec on the Nemesis which was a later addition. 
    Correct. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    sgosden said:
    soma1975 said:

You can run this as Delay+Reverb or Delay+Delay or Reverb+Reverb ( I’m not entirely sure how you do this but the nice man at Sweetwater said you can on his video) there are slightly more options than at first glance. 

£289
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.