New source audio collider - delay/reverb

What's Hot

Comments

• They've priced it well I think. The sounds will be great. The Ventris (even though I sold it) is still one of my all time favourite reverbs. But it just didn't really fit into the way I work in a live setting. I think right now I'm happy with my Big Sky and other Strymons. 

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    The lack of some of the more off-the-wall engines is a tiny drawback, but this will mean option paralysis will be lowered, and it'll stop me using some of the weirder ones just for the sake of it (stop me trying to fit that weird Helix setting into a clean part). Who knows, maybe they will allow for extra engines in the future with software updates if possible...

If I get it, then my EHX Grand Canyon will have to make way, but that's pretty awesome in it's own right. Agh decisions.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Even though I'm not an owner anymore, I'm a bit irked that this has come out not that long after Ventris, and that Ventris really didn't see the expansive amount of additional engines that the Nemesis did. I think that's a bit of a shame.

We're truly spoilt for reverbs and delays these days. Whichever you get, you're going to get great sounds. Strymon, Boss, and Source Audio are top of the game.

Bye!

• Even though I'm not an owner anymore, I'm a bit irked that this has come out not that long after Ventris, and that Ventris really didn't see the expansive amount of additional engines that the Nemesis did. I think that's a bit of a shame.

We're truly spoilt for reverbs and delays these days. Whichever you get, you're going to get great sounds. Strymon, Boss, and Source Audio are top of the game.

I’ve been going back and forth with the same pedals for a long time now: I’m thinking the Collider might be a new, cost/space-saving way forward.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

It seems with the reduced amount of engine and everything, the collider is aimed at the 'basics' rather than the massive expansive mental stuff.

Anybody know when this goes on sale in UK? It's pretty much a cert I'll be going for one.
  • Dopesick said:
    Anybody know when this goes on sale in UK? It's pretty much a cert I'll be going for one.
    I know one independent shop in London said they’re expecting delivery middle of next week, but you know how these things can be delayed.

Very keen on this, need to try something different and not keep coming back to the same pedals again and again.
  • Dopesick said:
    I know one independent shop in London said they’re expecting delivery middle of next week, but you know how these things can be delayed.

Very keen on this, need to try something different and not keep coming back to the same pedals again and again.
    Unless you enjoy those pedals...in which case, you should feel free to enjoy and revisit them to your heart's content! :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    Up now on Thomann. Stocked in about a month...£384. Crikey.

Think I'll wait for Andertons, Gear4music etc.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Dopesick said:

The news release on Music Radar says £289.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Phew...yeah that makes sense. Score.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    edited October 2019

o This might actually bump the el-cap off my board.

will likely wait till they show up second hand though

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • £384 is a bit much if so!

Bye!

• Dopesick said:

The news release on Music Radar says £289.
    The US price is $349, so just wondering if they’ve done a direct $ to £ conversion from the US price without taking into account any additional tariffs, etc?
  • Dopesick said:

Unless you enjoy those pedals...in which case, you should feel free to enjoy and revisit them to your heart's content! :-)
    The Timeline is the one constant, that looks like it will stay (and I can afford to keep it), so why am I thinking about a Collider???  :)
  • Dopesick said:

The Timeline is the one constant, that looks like it will stay (and I can afford to keep it), so why am I thinking about a Collider???  :)
    Because we're GASSY twins! :scream: 

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited October 2019
    Dopesick said:

The Timeline is the one constant, that looks like it will stay (and I can afford to keep it), so why am I thinking about a Collider??? 
    Because we're GASSY twins! scream 

Proud to be your GAS twin!
  • david57stratdavid57strat Frets: 21
    edited January 2020
    It has 5 delay types and 7 reverb types on board. Can you load other delay/reverb types through the software? I think you can get secondary bunch of delays on the nemesis (probably can on the Ventris but never tried it).
    I would assume it's the same as the Nemesis and Ventris - on those you can overload the slots with an engine of your choice.

I think this is one that is less complex. Core delay and reverb, high quality, but I don't think it uses the App.
    The Source Audio website seems to claim that the  Collider is also capable of using the Neuro App. Very cool!

From the website:

"

Neuro Editing System

The Collider Delay+Reverb is a supremely powerful pedal on its own, but the Neuro App for mobile or desktop offers a higher level of flexibility. The Neuro Desktop Editor and Neuro Mobile App are free downloads for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows. Neuro offers a useful set of hardware options, alternate routing options, and an intuitive sound editing interface for creating presets. After editing your preset, burn it directly to the pedal and access it easily without reconnecting the Neuro App."

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    It uses the app. It just doesn't unlock new models. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • david57stratdavid57strat Frets: 21
    edited October 2019

Hard not fall in love with the Source Audio stuff.  Already having these two is the only thing stopping me from not picking up the Collider.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom