SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1949 Gibson LG 2 -SOLD

What's Hot
noirleblancnoirleblanc Frets: 37
edited January 2022 in Acoustics £
Hate to let this one go. A real beauty from the golden era of Gibson acoustics. One of the first post-banner LG2's, this one is special. Purchased from Glenns Guitars about 5 years ago - I went looking for an old Martin 00-17 (which I found) but also found this amazing piece after going through pretty much his whole stock. This was the one he wanted to keep and it took some persuading to prise it away!

Its got the chunky late 40's/early 50's neck which gives it lots of sustain and it has the desired X-bracing. This is a super lively, resonant guitar with a huge sound for a smaller guitar (00 size). Playability is superb. I had some new period correct tuners fitted but the old ones will be included. Original case included (slightly tatty but still works).

The guitar is super addictive to play and you can easily lose hours over it.

If you are interested I can send a youtube video of me using it at an HMV inshore with the band. Drop me a message and I will forward a link.

Sold

Detailed photos: - https://imgur.com/a/iyAjvP7
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments