Problems with my Eori number - help please

jmcustomguitarsjmcustomguitars Frets: 102
edited October 2019 in Made in the UK
Hello
I have a problem with my eori number, i have used already but now says that is not valid, i have contacted them by phone but they told that is a special team and the only contact is to fill a online a application form and wait

I have done 5 days ago and nothing

Someone hare had the same problem before?
I was informed that eori will be that number and i dont need to change then why is invalid????

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2429
    You might get more response if you title your thread something like “Problems with my Eori number - help please”. I’m sure there could be traders on this forum who import/export outside of the EU and are familiar with the Eori scheme.
  • Jimbro66 said:
    You might get more response if you title your thread something like “Problems with my Eori number - help please”. I’m sure there could be traders on this forum who import/export outside of the EU and are familiar with the Eori scheme.
    changed thank you 
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Not an expert, just some thoughts from my experience.
    This is a UK issued EORI #?
    Are you VAT registered? Did you become VAT registered after applying for the EORI#?
    When I started my business I was not VAT registered and applied for an EORI #. When registered for VAT I was unaware that the previous EORI was no longer valid and I had to have my VAT # converted to EORI. (Apparently this is automatic now but you should check online)
    For VAT registered UK businesses the EORI is the VAT# +000 on the end.

• Hello Gavingavin_axecaster said:
    Are you VAT registered? Did you become VAT registered after applying for the EORI#?
    When I started my business I was not VAT registered and applied for an EORI #. When registered for VAT I was unaware that the previous EORI was no longer valid and I had to have my VAT # converted to EORI. (Apparently this is automatic now but you should check online)

hello Gavin 
    no my business as not change, yes if changes then I know I must change but no, is exactly the same for now, thats the reason I just have sent the package without checking before, is was not supposed that the number not working
  • Hello Gavingavin_axecaster said:

hello Gavin 
    no my business as not change, yes if changes then I know I must change but no, is exactly the same for now, thats the reason I just have sent the package without checking before, is was not supposed that the number not working
     hello Gavin, do you believe that the mistake can bem the last 000? I dont work with vat yet but mu number finishes in 000
    tFB Trader
    I've no idea. Put your number in the checker linked above.
  • I've no idea. Put your number in the checker linked above.
    thats my problem my number does not work
  • well let me try to explain my problem again, I'm righting this, maybe someone one of this days will have the same problem and I hope by reading this it can help.

i have this eori problem, number was not working (validated) and I have contacted the eori time from 9 days, every day, they phone number, is in the page, and now one never helped me, they always sent me to a online form that after 9 days I never had a answer... nice isn't it?
    I have tried everything, even in facebook chat now one helped me and always sent me to the fill form page...

THIS morning I decided "I'm going to call again I must be such a pain in they as**s that maybe I will get something or some more info or whatever!"

I called again and , once more, a person from the other side asked me "what is the matter?" I explain, Che ask me the eori number "yes is not working, but can you give me a few seconds I will check this in other interna program (seconds late) yes is not working" 
    At this time I wish to die... 
    BUT uau this lady decided to go forward and asked me my address  I thought "what?? she will do something???"

UAU this lady decided to spend almost 20 seconds to find my problem, problem solved it as a HRMC error and now is working

My friends, all process was the same Che just asked me the address and have spend 20 seconds, less then, and 9 DAYS waiting was solved in seconds with just a bit of good will...

After Brexit I believe we all, UK based makers, we must prepared wen we sell or buy our stuff, buy woods, sell guitars etc. because this will be our headache from now on.

I dont know what I must advise for someone with the same problem, just insist until you have the right person in the other line of the telephone, they all can do this correction but just one had the interest and respect to do it.

chears
    JM
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2429
    Glad to hear that you have finally got someone to help you Jose and that your problem is solved. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Good of you to report how you got it resolved. As you said, it may help anyone with a future problem who might find this thread helpful.
  • Jimbro66 said:
    Glad to hear that you have finally got someone to help you Jose and that your problem is solved. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Good of you to report how you got it resolved. As you said, it may help anyone with a future problem who might find this thread helpful.
    thank you
    I hope now one needs to solve something like this, is like something his wrong, is nort your fault but you will suffer the consequences .

Like everyone here if we buy something we wish no to have headache , my clients , that were vey understandable , but they must not pass trough this  and we the makers are just trying to keep our, very hard work , on.

tFB Trader
    Glad you got it sorted. Did she tell you what the problem was?
  • I don't know why but was only a diference of one number 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Lesson I learned years ago when dealing with anything to do with government. Make written notes of who you spoke to,  in what department,  date, time, what they said they will do and by when. Always summarise what they have promised they will do before hanging up. 

If you have to call again have the notes on hand and do not allow them to "promise" the same thing again. You have the evidence that they didn't do what they said. You can then insist on being escalated up the chain of command. Repeat the process. 
  • hywelg said:
    Lesson I learned years ago when dealing with anything to do with government. Make written notes of who you spoke to,  in what department,  date, time, what they said they will do and by when. Always summarise what they have promised they will do before hanging up. 

If you have to call again have the notes on hand and do not allow them to "promise" the same thing again. You have the evidence that they didn't do what they said. You can then insist on being escalated up the chain of command. Repeat the process. 
    yes is not easy dealing with this