e-drum kit recommendation?

What's Hot
I was hoping someone could help me with an electronic drum kit recommendation. 

I am looking for a kit to use as a midi controller for Superior Drummer 3 (for recording drum tracks into Logic).  I am not so bothered about the module itself, as long as it can send the information to SD3 and integrate with it quickly.

I prefer a larger kit with snare pads in particular 12" or larger (all mesh is a must) - I find 10' snares etc far too small!!  Is there anything anyone can recommend to me?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    I’m not sure what to recommend but from what I’ve read setting up any kit to trigger SD3 properly takes a bit of effort.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    I use it with a Roland TD12, it works great. I think the latest update for SD3 improved support for edrum kits, but I use my own midi map, so I can't comment on how much of an improvement it is. With both BFD and SD, i've found the process a bit of a ballache as neither came with maps that worked 100% out of the box. The mapping process would be a lot easier if you set the map up on a laptop where you can have access to the drumkit and computer without moving. 

The module does have an impact on how well it works with SD3, mainly for the HiHat and positional sensing. Some edrum kits don't provide suitable information for the VST instrument to respond to the way the hihat is played, so i'd google before you buy a edrum kit to check it works OK. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom