Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NPD - Bring out your DOD!

What's Hot

Comments

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    The Vibrothang I owned for a while had the worst tone-sucking bypass I've ever encountered in a mass-produced pedal.  The effect itself was pretty cool, but meh, too much hassle for general use.

Always fancied snagging one of the analog chorus pedals...the 60 and 65 get a lot of love, but even the Ice Box sounds pretty good from the demos I've heard.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    ThorpyFX said:
    Fuengi said:
    Anyone used a DOD Chorus? I think the FX60 or 65 gets some rave reviews. The Vibrothang also looks interesting.

Was reading some old threads and it appears that @ThorpyFX used to buy cheap FX90 Delays to rob the chips which, frankly is just vandalism. I like the warm dark repeats on it, he clearly didn't rate them!  :o
    I did indeed, and it was a glorious mine of availability for the mn3005 chips
    What did you use the chips for? Have you got a stock pile of battery compartment covers? 
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    edited October 2019

https://i.imgur.com/B87EYPp.jpg?1

Bought this off a mate in the 90's. Had the switches replaced a few years ago but not really used much since. It does sound very nice though.

JD50 said:

Bought this off a mate in the 90's. Had the switches replaced a few years ago but not really used much since. It does sound very nice though.

Nice. I love the way that looks like it's come out of a NASA mission.

Just got a FX65 Chorus, should arrive next week. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    Josh from JHS really rates the DOD stuff
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    Fuengi said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Fuengi said:
    Anyone used a DOD Chorus? I think the FX60 or 65 gets some rave reviews. The Vibrothang also looks interesting.

Was reading some old threads and it appears that @ThorpyFX used to buy cheap FX90 Delays to rob the chips which, frankly is just vandalism. I like the warm dark repeats on it, he clearly didn't rate them!  :o
    What did you use the chips for? Have you got a stock pile of battery compartment covers? 
    I used them to build a batch of analog delays.......  I used to sell the battery covers. Might have one spare still though 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    ThorpyFX said:
    Fuengi said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Fuengi said:

I used them to build a batch of analog delays.......  I used to sell the battery covers. Might have one spare still though 
    Any excuse to visit you and Rift! 
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1173
    I've got an FX90 and it is one of the best and warmest delays I've ever heard.
    brooom said:
    I've got an FX90 and it is one of the best and warmest delays I've ever heard.
    I must admit it has exceeded my expectations. Quite addictive with or without a bit of drive. 
    Fuengi said:
    JD50 said:

Nice. I love the way that looks like it's come out of a NASA mission.

Just got a FX65 Chorus, should arrive next week. 
    ....and a FX60 for comparison... Oops!
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2932
    This thread must have inspired me today .... 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48886890452_0f90993d44_k.jpg

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    blobb said:
    This thread must have inspired me today .... 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48886890452_0f90993d44_k.jpg

I do love a box! Nice, is that a RAT type thingy? 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2932
    Bit smoother. It does sustain nicely though, and you can thicken it up with the short BBD delay.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • Did anyone else have the Grunge pedal back in the day?
    I recently got rid of my DOD compressor and overdrive plus, both to people on this thread, I deliberately only gave them a 10 second test when selling as i knew I'd want to keep them.
    I love the DOD stuff and think it punches well above its weight, the overdrive plus is particularly good, a homemade one is on my DIY list.

The stereo chorus gets a lot of love, but if I ever see the big box digital delay for a good price I'm having it.
    What's a good price for these do we think? 
  • mattismetalmattismetal Frets: 90
    edited October 2019
    Is this a problem yet?
    https://imgur.com/gallery/UB5BKWz
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Jimbro66 said:
    I've had this DOD FX80-B compressor since I don't know when  -  it seems like forever. I really like the way it compresses with none of the unpleasant 'thk' of the Boss compressor I had for a short while before it. It got replaced on my main board by a Wampler Ego two or three years ago, not because the Wampler has better quality compression but just because its Blend control gives a little more flexibility. However the DOD still has its place on my small Metro home board.

Oops the image has disappeared. Try again......

Edit: I should mention that these old DODs require a reverse-polarity mini jack power connection which is a bit tedious but I made up a few leads years ago. It runs for quite a while on battery power if the leads are forgotten or misplaced.
    I had one of these! Was a bit of a gateway compressor for me. I love what it did to my sound, and even though I've moved it on, I do wish I kept it.
    Branshen said:
    Jimbro66 said:
    I've had this DOD FX80-B compressor since I don't know when  -  it seems like forever. I really like the way it compresses with none of the unpleasant 'thk' of the Boss compressor I had for a short while before it. It got replaced on my main board by a Wampler Ego two or three years ago, not because the Wampler has better quality compression but just because its Blend control gives a little more flexibility. However the DOD still has its place on my small Metro home board.

Oops the image has disappeared. Try again......

Edit: I should mention that these old DODs require a reverse-polarity mini jack power connection which is a bit tedious but I made up a few leads years ago. It runs for quite a while on battery power if the leads are forgotten or misplaced.
    I had one of these! Was a bit of a gateway compressor for me. I love what it did to my sound, and even though I've moved it on, I do wish I kept it.

I just got one of these on the way after your post. In fact I did a deal for a few pedals, a 2 second delay, a power supply and a few leads and other bits from somone who wanted rid of a load of DOD / Digitech / Boss items. Should be fun finding out what works and how it all works! 
    Jut lost 40 minutes playing Strat into FX50-B Overdrive into Freqout into FX25-B Envelope Filter into FX90 Delay.
    These chaps arrived today...

The digital delay is wonderful and the Compressor Sustainer is very addictive with a bit of amp reverb. Also got a FX60 Chorus, both that and the FX65 are better than any other chorus pedal I've tried.