Mac OS Catalina and Xair mixers

What's Hot
sw67sw67 Frets: 230
I updated last night and now the mixer will not connect via ethernet. Did all the suggestions on the internet but in the end all I had to do was turn off wifi on the Mac. Not sure why its suddenly a problem as it was ok before. 

Just thought I would mention it just incase anyone else is looking at updating.    Ps - Helix works ok as well
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    I'm on Mojave and have always had to turn off the wifi.  
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    > I updated last night

That was a big mistake.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Mac OS Catalina is doing away with 32 bit code, don't update to it unless you know that all your software is compatible.

I don't expect to update to Catalina before next spring at the very earliest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    octatonic said:
    Mac OS Catalina is doing away with 32 bit code, don't update to it unless you know that all your software is compatible.

I don't expect to update to Catalina before next spring at the very earliest.
    Nor me. I was just about to install it and the message box listing the incompatible software came up - quite a few were apps I use a lot, some of which have no later version and some of which I just don't really want to pay to upgrade, when the existing version works fine - so I stopped. I can't see me updating in the foreseeable future in fact - not until this machine needs to be replaced and it's pre-installed on the replacement.

It's at least as annoying as the loss of Classic in Leopard, if you go back that far... another example of Apple's dictatorial policy to legacy users. There is no reason modern software this powerful couldn't run an emulated version of the earlier system, as OSX did with Classic until Tiger.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein