SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold- Fender Custom Shop John Cruz Fat 50s pickup set £200 inc p&p

What's Hot
chris78chris78 Frets: 9307
edited October 2019 in Parts £
This custom shop handwound set have just come out of a cs 60 strat that was custom ordered by Peach. The pickups are overwound and have more power than a traditional strat pickup, without losing strattyness. The bridge pickup is an absolute blinder, which is an odd comment on a strat! According to cs specs, they are around 6.45k at the neck and middle and 6.84k at the bridge, but as they are handwound, they will vary from pickup to pickup.

You can hear them on this video https://youtu.be/hA7vhKh_OoI

Ive not posted pictures as they are pickups, but happy to send any to interested buyers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi Chris, pm’d you, hopefully I can call dibs if still available
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9307
    Replied to Vince and waiting to see if they work on his Suhr.
    If not, these are still available
  • Wow. They sound epic!!!
    Thanks @handsomerik. Yes they do. Wildwood use them on a lot of their custom orders and Peach have taken a liking to them as well. Those guys know their guitars and pickup options
    Weekend bump
  • phase3phase3 Frets: 41
    JC does not stand for John Cruz ... but Josefina Campos - who is an employee in the Fender CS.  She used to work for abigail ybarra.  These p/ups are wound by her ... but can be bought through CS as limited edition run 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2019
    @phase3 sorry that’s not correct. Josefina is indeed a fender cs employee- she was Abigail Ybarra’s apprentice and she’s now the brand to carry on the Abi “myth”. 

John Cruz is a master builder in the custom shop and he developed some pickups a few years back that are very rarely available. Originally, they were for his own strats, but also feature in wildwood models occasionally and can be special ordered. There’s not a huge amount of info on the internet about these, but you will find some if you google. 

These pickups are not wound by Josefina, but are handwound in the custom shop. I have the custom shop dealer sheet for the original guitar which shows the difference for interested parties
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • phase3phase3 Frets: 41
    edited October 2019
    Apologies if i'm wrong but I got the info from several different sources including fender -- and indeed 'this' where Mr Cruz ...tells it slightly differently 
    go to 4.58 on this video and he states the JC limited pickups are wound by Josefina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=338&v=0KzP3xB0mHQ

@phase3 heres an extract from the fender message board about these:

I wish they were Josefina as I’d stick another £150 on the price 
    ;) 
    thereverend
    Post subject: Re: What does JC in JC Fat50s stand for?
    postPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 pm
    Amateur
    Amateur

OK guys, Fender got back to me, so I can say that JC does definitly stand for John Cruz and not Josefina Campos.

They were hand-wound (instead of machine-wound) to the LTD/Master Design specs (in this case by Josefina Campos) and have a black cloth around the wire but not the metal shielding, which mine do.

John Cruz confirmed this himself...
    Reduced to £220
    Final price drop to £200. In my humble opinion, an utter bargain. I’ve only seen these for sale at north of £350
    Sold pending usuals