SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Gibson ES 225T 1959 Vintage

What's Hot
AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
edited October 2019 in Guitars £

Selling my stunning 1959 Gibson ES 225. Yep its not a relic or vintage reissue. 60 years old and clearly somebody's pride and joy for many years.

All original but is showing signs of it's age. A fantastic sounding and playing instrument and the loudest unplugged hollow body I've played.

The Nitro sunburst finish has lovely checking to it and the usual headstock wear and tarnishing to the hardware.

Few points worth mentioning. It has a crack on the neck/ headstock which I don't believe is a break but it is very solid and makes no impact on the sound or the playing of the guitar.
The jack socket has had a cover fitted over it.
The nut will need replacing at some point in the future but I have an official gibson replacement in the case if need be.

A perfect entry into Gibson 50's vintage guitars where you don't need to remortgage your house to afford.

£2100 ONO

May trade - Fender CS strat, Gibsons, Gretsch ,Ricks or PX for a nice amp.

Any questions please ask.

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7104
    ooooh
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    richh said:
    Haha Dave doesn't need any encouragement. 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    edited October 2019
    Phew - that was a cruel namecheck, @richh.    Alex is right, I don't need any more encouragement. I bet that sounds really nicely balanced, given the position of the single P90. 

My daughter got married on Saturday, and I'm still reeling from having to pay for it  the emotional trauma having to pay for it, so I'm out of the buying game for the moment. Probably. Having said that, I'm still casting envious eyes on a couple of guitars. I really need to be sectioned, that's the answer. 

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    DB1 said:
    Phew - that was a cruel namecheck, @richh.    Alex is right, I don't need any more encouragement. I bet that sounds really nicely balanced, given the position of the single P90. 

My daughter got married on Saturday, and I'm still reeling from having to pay for it  the emotional trauma having to pay for it, so I'm out of the buying game for the moment. Probably. Having said that, I'm still casting envious eyes on a couple of guitars. I really need to be sectioned, that's the answer. 

*points and laughs* :lol: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer