NGD: Time Machine 1987 PRS Custom 24 + Interesting history

What's Hot

Comments

• Are you sure he didn’t have the multi-tap from stock? I think it was a factory option at that time, although might have only been reserved for artist relations perhaps?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Boom, so cool to see that interview again 

• @guitargeek62 - it’s possible.. I’ll see what I get back from the man himself!
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    Nice to see the interview again @DLM and you saved me having to dig it out of storage because I thought it had a sweet switch in the pic then when I saw the pics from @grappagreen I thought the old mind was playing tricks. Anyway, its better to have a full tone control than the sweet switch.
    If you want Alan Murphy's 1986 Vintage Yellow PRS which was from the first batch into the UK at Chandlers @grappagreen then its for sale at £4850 still (ouch!) 
  • @Strat54 - I do wish you hadn’t told me that... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Strat54 - I do wish you hadn’t told me that... :)
    If its any consolation I always wanted the famous Chandlers demo '86 that would sit on that stand in the showroom looking lonely. They put it up for sale when the place was closing but we never agreed on a price and I'm not sure what happened to it after that. You got a good deal.....and more than £2k less than an '86.
  • Strat54 said:
    @Strat54 - I do wish you hadn’t told me that... :)
    If its any consolation I always wanted the famous Chandlers demo '86 that would sit on that stand in the showroom looking lonely. They put it up for sale when the place was closing but we never agreed on a price and I'm not sure what happened to it after that. You got a good deal.....and more than £2k less than an '86.
    Bummer you never got that '86! I loved Chandlers - great shop and I lusted after sooo much gear I simply couldn't afford at the time... nice people to deal with. I think I did get a pretty good deal on the '87 tbh although I don't imagine £4.5 - £5k late 80's C24's sell particularly quickly tbh :)

Si
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14223
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:

Phil Palmer was one of the last people to stand on stage with S.R.V........

http://philpalmer.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/srv-final-show.jpg
    Never knew that - Thanks for the pics, info and posting
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    What a fantastic guitar and history. Chandlers too, what an inspiring place that was.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited January 2020
    That's truly awesome 8)
    (Both the guitar and the story)
  • Man that is a real special guitar you have got there and some great memorabilia and stories. Outstanding congratulations
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    Wonderful guitar and story. That photo of Phil standing between Stevie and Jimmie as well, It doesn't get any better. Amazing.

Beautiful guitar, congrats.

• Wow great guitar and great story. Seems like a right gent. Funny as ive been on the look out for an early model myself, seems like you had some serious luck stumbling on this ;)

@grappagreen Its looking pretty expensive on ebay now. Why is the seller not mentioning Phil Palmer and also the sweet switch change?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Lovely guitar, great guitarist, and a great find you are a lucky lucky Snorkel Dick not a bit jealous LOL. 
    The Red one looks really nice I do love this era
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1342
    Strat54 said:
    @grappagreen Its looking pretty expensive on ebay now. Why is the seller not mentioning Phil Palmer and also the sweet switch change?
    Didn't realise it was up for sale again... gotta link?
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Strat54 said:
    Just sesrch ebay. Thats a real shame as its possibly destined to remain out of reach of a player and consigned to a bedroom dealers inventory for the next 18 months or more......

• grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1342
    Strat54 said:
    Just sesrch ebay. Thats a real shame as its possibly destined to remain out of reach of a player and consigned to a bedroom dealers inventory for the next 18 months or more......
    Jeez - you guys kill me.

If it's for sale on ebay I certainly can't find it...
  • Strat54 said:

Are you sure that's the same guitar?
    The only one I can find on eBay has bird inlays (and the Palmer one had moons).
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Oops thats my bad then - wrong guitar, im only gutted i didnt snag it myself ehen it was up for sale on here