SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[FS] SOLD Rare PRS SE Bernie Marsden Ltd 53/10 Pickups & SOLD PRS SE Zach Myers Modded

What's Hot
hermannkymnhermannkymn Frets: 23
edited October 2019 in Guitars £

Hi guys,

Have a couple of excellent Korean-made PRS SE electrics to move on as am in the process of moving home in the next few weeks and trying to cut the collection down and earn some cash in the process (although the likelihood is that I'll probably buy another guitar fairly soon after...)

First up is the PRS SE Bernie Sanders Marsden Limited Edition UK-exclusive run of 50 which comes installed with the now-discontinued and highly coveted set of PRS 53/10 Humbuckers with a coil split wiring (push-pull Tone pot). 

Those in the know are already aware that the 53/10 pickups were made in limited quantities by PRS as the wiring was in finite supply. These are a covered set – brushed metal with the ‘53/10 TM’ hand engravings on the corners (I assume TM stands for Trade Mark?). On the rare occasion they do appear on the used market they seem to command silly money. 

The only mod I’ve made is to have the derided stock nut professionally replaced with a TUSQ nut, otherwise the guitar is all original. 

Condition of the guitar is very good to excellent. Very little sign of fret wear, and no significant chips or dents. I can see a 10mm wide minor lacquer indentation located to the left of the bridge followed by trailing scratches (occurred by the previous owner - I’m assuming this was caused by a wandering flat head screwdriver during a bridge stud adjustment attempt). The metal bridge stud slots are slightly chewed up, and there’s a small crack around the screw hole in the neck & bridge pickup ring. Slight button rash to the rear. 

The guitar has never been gigged or left the house under my guise. Currently strung with Ernie Ball Regular 10’s. Original PRS SE gigbag included. 

SOLD

Second up is the PRS SE Zach Myers signature model in Trampas Green - the V2 revised model with Paul Reed Smith script logo on the headstock and brass saddles on the bridge. Made in Korea (I understand that the production has now moved to Indonesia recently as the SE's are being phased out of Korea due to labour costs).

There’s several upgrades on this one which a seasoned player would appreciate: 

The nut is upgraded to a TUSQ nut, the tuners are the Gotoh SD90 Magnum locking tuners, and the pickups are a calibrated set of Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers

Sounds terrific with the pickups upgrade – the naturally bright sounding semi-hollow resonance works well with the low output of the Seth Lovers. Definitely brighter and snappier sounding than the roaring Bernie. And I really rate the stock bridge on these with the adjustable brass saddles. 

Again, the guitar has never left my house and is in excellent condition. Frets are close to pristine. Very minor button rash on the reverse, couple of scratches across the neck pickup chrome cover, and on the pickup ring. Apart from that it’s in showroom condition.  

Strung with D’Addario 10’s - recently set up professionally by my local excellent tech Ben Todd based in Hackney. Original PRS SE gigbag included. 

SOLD

Preferred cash on collection, but can post at an additional cost of £30 each - please PM for further details. Located in East London E2.

Let me know if you have any further questions, and thanks for looking.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    edited October 2019
    Erm, Bernie Sanders is a United States senator. I did not realise that he had a PRS SE signature guitar.

Your sunburst guitar is a Bernie Marsden signature model. (See the second paragraph of your opening post.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bignormbignorm Frets: 191
    edited October 2019
    Erm, Bernie Sanders is a United States senator. I did not realise that he had a PRS SE signature guitar.
    Epic autocucumber Bwahaha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hahaha, thanks for the morning chuckle. Hoping Senator Sanders will indeed get his own sig. PRS if he doesn’t get the Democratic nomination. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey! I'm super interested in the ZM, the catch being that I live in Bristol and have no opportunity to travel to London in the near future. Would you consider shipping? No problem if not, I won't be mad. Just disappointed :anguished: 

Cheers,
    Liam
  • guitarwizard93 said:
    Hey! I'm super interested in the ZM, the catch being that I live in Bristol and have no opportunity to travel to London in the near future. Would you consider shipping? No problem if not, I won't be mad. Just disappointed :anguished: 

Cheers,
    Liam
    Hi GuitarWizard93,

Have pm'd back.
  • hermannkymnhermannkymn Frets: 23
    edited October 2019
    Zach Myers now Sold. 

Bernie Marsden still available. 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2390
    Ohhh that Bernie is tempting, even if I've already got one with Mules. How are the 53/10 pickups? Do they live up to the fuss everyone made about them?
    Tim
  • timmypix said:
    Ohhh that Bernie is tempting, even if I've already got one with Mules. How are the 53/10 pickups? Do they live up to the fuss everyone made about them?

A dark and beefy Tele-like voicing with a defined high end. I feel the mids are a tad scooped in comparison to let’s say SD Seth Lovers or BK Mules (the latter of which I sold a pair recently). 
    The coil split in the right amp set up can get you a decent single coil zing, more convincing than a split PRS 594 58/15s to my ears in fact. 
    I think the online fuss is as much to do with the fact that they’re so hard to get now - the unobtanium factor. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fist bump. Bernie Marsden still available. 
  • hermannkymnhermannkymn Frets: 23
    edited October 2019
    Bernie sold elsewhere. The shop is cleaned out!