SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Revived FS: Don Grosh Retro Custom Ash/RW

What's Hot
grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
edited February 2020 in Guitars £

Revived..

I'm trading away the black one shortly so the blonde is up for sale. Serial No.778 so made when Don's shop was very small.

https://groshguitars.com/

Other than Mark Knopfler and Mark Lettieri nobody famous really plays them (you don’t need to be called Mark to own one). 

Modern Strat and made to the highest level of quality and detail. Super thin nitro finish. It's a used guitar with some marks and dinks. Here's a photo get us going and if there's any interest PM me..

£1400 ono.

Can deliver direct to you as long as you’re within reasonable driving distance of Herts. Reasonable to me is about 250 miles..

Si

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Thinning the herd?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @mattacjones - three S type guitars is a little excessive... even for me.. :)
  • Excellent guitars! I've played quite a few Grosh's and the build quality is exceptional. If only these were NOS Retros...GLWTS :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited October 2019
    Hi Si,

Very nice and Grosh are an excellent make and up there with the best.

Are the specs of these Retro Customs the same as the NOS Retro or Retro Classic on their website? If not, what differentiates them as Customs? Also, do you know what the pickup routing is under the scratchplate i.e. can a Full HB be put in without routing out the body?

Thanks
  • Kebabkid said:
    Hi Si,

Very nice and these Grosh are an excellent make.

Are the specs of these Retro Customs the same as the NOS Retro or Retro Classic on their website? If not, what differentiates them as Customs? Also, do you know what the pickup routing is under the scratchplate i.e. can a Full HB be put in without routing out the body?

Thanks
    @Kebabkid - thanks for the post. The difference is basically that the NOS is a 'vintage' model i.e. it is more the trad Strat; 6 point trem, standard heel and body shape. The Retro Custom is an upgraded version of the standard 'modern' S type. Two point trem, locking tuners, different heel/body shape/contours. I think they're already routed for HB's but would need to check.

I know everyone says this bollox but I have a '61 Strat and I never play it because of these guitars.. just better in reality in every way except that magical mojo sh!t..

Si
  • Here's the shots of the black one of these that are on the Grosh gallery (this actual guitar);

https://groshguitars.smugmug.com/Retro-Classic-S-Family/RetroClassicCustom/Retro-Classic-Custom-BlackSSS2/

Si
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5261
    excellent guitars loved mine GLWTS and that is an awful lot of quality for not a lot of money
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    These are incredible guitars ! GLWtS
  • Whatever was I thinking... having spent some time tonight I simply can’t let either one go...
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Bum.  Was gonna say: stick the maple neck on the natural finish (?Ash) jobbie and it's be the PERFECT strat :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    edited October 2019
    @JerkMoans - lol Grosh necks are hand fitted to their respective bodies! If you break a neck Don has to have the body to make a ‘proper’ fitting neck... :)

The blonde is swamp ash and I do love a decent blonde ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @grappagreen good decision to withdraw if you don’t need the money, if you look at what you can buy used or new at your sale prices, you wouldn’t get anything better, mainly off the shelf USA Fenders. Part of the reason I’m not in a hurry to sell two suhrs i have listed and may keep them.
  • @vincechu89 - to be honest the desire to move one on was largely driven form pressure from the other half... the usual 'Do you really need all of these bloody guitars!' I'll just have to take the heat... :)
  • Revived..
  • JGCJGC Frets: 157
    have a bump, my mate has one of these with a bucker at the bridge like Lettieris and it's an absolutely fantastic guitar
  • @JGC ;

Thanks! Yep - Grosh guitars are totally killer...