Favourite YouTube Pedal Demo Channels #5674 - ThePedalZone

What's Hot
ewalewal Frets: 2558
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrADz_xaUaiNg6lLxdhAYbg

I like this guy's demos quite a lot, to the point I think I've been persuaded to go back to pedals from current HX FX based set-up. Of course, the reason he is good is because of what he plays, rather than anything to do with the pedals he demos. As is the case with all decent channels.
The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    Haven't seen this one before. I like it. A good bit more indie/alt/doom/whatever than TPS :)

This one just makes me want to junk everything a build a board full of spacy Earthquaker stuff

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I quite like that Tone Shack guy.
    He gets straight down to it with minimal blether.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I love the sounds he gets, but there's too much talking for my liking, although I have listened to some while out and about, so the talking helps then. I generally prefer the Knobs videos for things like this though .
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    Sassafras said:
    You’re clearly a man of impeccable taste. ;-)

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• ewalewal Frets: 2558
    There does seem to be a bit of an EQD vibe going on - nowt wrong with that though.
    Sassafras said:
    You’re clearly a man of impeccable taste. ;-)
    Didn't give me a bloody Wisdom though did you, you ungrateful bastard?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What do people look for in YouTube channels these days? Surely not just another pedal demo'er?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    edited October 2019
    My favourite at the moment is The Pedal Bored - there are the inevitable comparisons to Knobs because the pedals are looked at from a birds eye view with annotations and hands but without the arty farty stuff.

Instead of straight ahead pedal demos he does pedal comparisons for different effect groups using a looper. For example, he does one comparing about a dozen Klon pedals, another one with about six Bluesbreakers etc. I think a lot of people here will dig it. Here's the Bluesbreaker one because of all the blues peddling on here... ha.

I do really like ThePedalZone though as well. He makes all his pedals sound so dreamy.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    I love the sounds he gets, but there's too much talking for my liking, although I have listened to some while out and about, so the talking helps then. I generally prefer the Knobs videos for things like this though .
    I love Knobs, but he gets sounds that I'm unable to reproduce - they're works of art but just a tad impenetrable for your average ambient noodler. I feel like I can get closer to what Stefan does on the Pedal Zone demos - he also teases some surprising stuff out of the pedals. Plus, with the chatter it's generally topping and tailing a long stretch of different sound demos so it doesn't bother me much. I go to Knobs for a listening experience, and Pedal Zone for a demo. 

This one just makes me want to junk everything a build a board full of spacy Earthquaker stuff

I'm basically doing this at the moment...

Another favourite of mine is Collector/Emitter - very simple, lovely open tuned melodies, with a nice look at different dial settings. He does love his fuzz, too. Definitely prefers his delays and reverbs a bit more subtle than the Pedal Zone though. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIoHst-7neE

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    What do people look for in YouTube channels?

The playing mostly, as long as it's not crushing high gain metal stuff. That all sounds the same especially through the limitations of YouTube audio.
    What do people look for in YouTube channels these days? Surely not just another pedal demo'er?
    I think useful pedal demo'ers are very few and far between, because so few of them play the type of music I listen to and aspire to make. So guys like ThePedalZone stand out because they are making sounds I find interesting. I also like the combination of a bit of chat, a bit of a pedal walkthrough, but mostly playing. 
  • @joetele yeah, you're right about Knobs. If I bought just on the strength of that I'd have no money left!
    Just on the way home from Thurston. Why do we waste our time listening to pedal demo channels?

Yes I know I started the thread....
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    ewal said:
    Just on the way home from Thurston. Why do we waste our time listening to pedal demo channels?

Yes I know I started the thread....
    Because of an insatiable desire for shiny new toys. Or vast sonic soundscapes. Or a bit of both. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs