SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

-reduced for quick sale ;PREMIUM TOKAI JAPAN R8 ( LS 160) LOLLAR PICKUPS £1150

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16087
edited November 2019 in Guitars £
PREMIUM TOKAI JAPAN R8 - LOLLAR PICKUPS

2013  LS 160 fitted with Lollar Imperials..........typical '58 neck carve .18 deg open book headstock.
     Very nice "Onion" shape grain on the solid Maple cap and discreet "burst" with carved dished top . 
 These have a long Tenon and solid 1 piece back .......the build quality is truly superb ,fantastic in fact.
  Finish is the slightly strange Tokai Nitro over a first coat of Poly.
 All in immaculate condition....not a mark on it .
 Not the prettiest of Les Pauls if the very beautiful tops of some of the Anniversary Historics  are your thing ...it's discreetly plain but I can promise you that I have played this guitar back to back with at least twenty True Historics , R8/9s , Huber 59, Navigator,a really nice Greco and some late 70s and early 80s Tokai ,a Maybach and some standard Gibsons ; None but none felt or played as nicely and only one sounded better and that had Wizz pickups in it which I happen to love . Anybody that wants to pitch their Les Paul against it is welcome to come and play/compare because it really interests me anyway .It's a superb guitar .
 Mine from new , very little play after the first year because LPs just don't suit the country / Americana that I prefer to play .
I have a set of Zinc aged pickup covers if preferred and it lives in a very pretty "Aligator skin" Gear4 Music Les Paul case which comes with it .
 More photos on request .                                                                                                                                       
  Price £1350......reduced to £1150

1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pruddprudd Frets: 654
    That's very nice indeed, Ive owned several Tokai LP's and they never disappoint, great build quality and playability.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16087
    Thanks
    it's not the flashiest looking but it's a mega-performer in a really workmanlike way
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am bewildered why, if its that good why would you ever want to part with it???,  i have a nash tele that is a fabulous guitar ive had loads of custom shops including a john cruz masterbuilt but this nash is better than all of them so i wouldnt ever think about selling it ,so as i say i cant understand why ever you would want to let it go.?..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    the simple answer is that I have to pay for a £7,500 operation and I dont have a fairy godmother
     I am selling all guitars that I rarely use.....this has come out of it's case about 4 times in the last 4 years
  • Ahh sorry to hear that, good luck with the sale. Hope you go on ok.
    Bump.......so that I can buy myself some jawbone and teeth back !
    truly superb Les Paul bump
    I went to Andertons yesterday afternoon to look at DAngelico hollow body ........I played 5 of their most expensive Les Pauls including 2 Anniversary Historic models ......one of them was nice and unusually light but none of them played or sounded as good as this Tokai .Believe.
    Reduced to £1175  ....which is incredible value considering the Loller Imperials etc that come with it
  • selexisselexis Frets: 50
    Damn, this one is nice!!!
    I did withdraw it from sale but have had a re-think.....no point keeping a guitar ,brilliant tho it is , that I never really play
    So.....I have reduced it to a quick sale price .
    I am happy to deliver within reason....transfer or cash -I don't use PP
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    Another fine specimen of superb Japanese craftsmanship, no doubt !
      As a previous owner of an identical looking LS 80, I can say they are more than a match for you know who ....
      With those p-ups - and at that price - got to be a bargain !