SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Windows 10

What's Hot
Anyone got a kosher copy of Win10 available?

DVD or bootable USB.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    If you have a Widows 7 licence key, try entering that...
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    As for bootable media, you can download it and make your own USB.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Ding, dong. The wicked Win7 is dead.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Yep, download it onto a USB and then you can grab an OEM key for like £15 and activate it once you've installed it.
    Audio Engineer || Composer || Prog Nerd

empyreanaudio.co.uk || liberascientia.bandcamp.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Isn't Win10 the point at which previously inclusive software suites such as MS Office went over to monthly subscription?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 361
    Use the download link above, create your usb installer, and use a windows 7 key to activate for free. Microsoft lets you do this so all above board (mostly!)
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Isn't Win10 the point at which previously inclusive software suites such as MS Office went over to monthly subscription?
    No. I'm still using Office 2007 on W10.  Works very well tbh.
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 238
    uncledick said:
    No. I'm still using Office 2007 on W10.  Works very well tbh.
    I'm still using Office 97 on W10.!
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    I had Windows 7 Pro and Office 2007 until last week, bought a cheap license, downloaded the Windows 10 Pro software free from the Microsoft site and it installed fine without ever asking for the license key. Still can't work out how or why. It just did. 

Now running 10 and all my old software works fine. 

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    JohnPerry said:
    I had Windows 7 Pro and Office 2007 until last week, bought a cheap license, downloaded the Windows 10 Pro software free from the Microsoft site and it installed fine without ever asking for the license key. Still can't work out how or why. It just did. 

Probably your hardware was already "approved" for a digital license because of an old Win 8 code stored within your PC, if you log in with your microsoft account and it has a "digital entitlement" that tends to work as well.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • JohnPerry said:

at some stage you'll get an occasional reminder its not legit - but doesnt stop it working - an OEM code a £5 to fix if it bothers you
  • Just wanted to say that I PM'd @JohnPerry after reading about his experience downloading Windows 10, particularly as I am (was!) using Windows 7 Pro and Office 7 as he was.  John kindly got back to me and gave me a bit more advice and I went ahead and tried installing 10 this afternoon and to my amazement it worked perfectly and I was not asked for a product key.  

So.…..I would strongly recommend that anybody wishing to upgrade from 7 to 10 just goes ahead and tries it, it was dead straightforward and only took about 1.5 hours in total.  All my files and programmes in 7 were retained.

Big thank you to @JohnPerry!
  • Just followed the above advice and it works a treat!  Thanks to @JohnPerry ; and @surfguy13 ;
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'