Brad Paisley/John Mayer O2 Arena

What's Hot
Did anyone go to one of these shows? I was lucky enough to go to both on Saturday and Sunday and had a blast. Two completely different shows but some outstanding musicianship at both. Both bands were phenomenal, and the sound was great from my position in the arena.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I'd love to see Brad, but at a smaller venue. 
  • axisus said:
    I'd love to see Brad, but at a smaller venue. 
    As would I. I was surprised at the venue when the tour was announced. i reckon it was a near sellout from judging the number of empty seats.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Saw Mayer the same night as you and it was fantastic. Looking at the second night set list we had the better show for my money, the band was great and a really good show all round. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I'd pay good money to see John Mayer's blues trio!

• I went to Brad Paisley. I thought his guitar sound was just amazing. Great gig.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2280
    I wish Brad Paisley played different songs or played guitar for a different singer or band. Can’t stand the material except a couple of tracks from Play but I love his wider style guitar playing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Brad Paisley was great in Dublin. Does he use really light guage strings? He was changing guitar for practically every song!
  • Brad Paisley was great in Dublin. Does he use really light guage strings? He was changing guitar for practically every song!
    No idea about strings, but after the first run of 5/6 songs where they all meshed together he did seem to change rather a lot. He definitely has specific guitars for specific songs. That blue Crook tele always makes an appearance on Water. Great tone though, I want to check out the Paisley Drive now. 
  • rze99 said:
    I wish Brad Paisley played different songs or played guitar for a different singer or band. Can’t stand the material except a couple of tracks from Play but I love his wider style guitar playing. 
    I can understand that, the songs can get tiresome and are very much American Cheese, however there are a few standout tracks on each album away from all the cheese. Live it's a different context, the audience had people of all ages, not taking them selves too seriously. The video production for each song was well put together too. 
  • rze99 said:
    I can understand that, the songs can get tiresome and are very much American Cheese, however there are a few standout tracks on each album away from all the cheese. Live it's a different context, the audience had people of all ages, not taking them selves too seriously. The video production for each song was well put together too. 
    Sounds like a right cheese fest then. What with Mayer too. Talented guys no doubt but double cheese on toast!
  • rze99 said:
    Sounds like a right cheese fest then. What with Mayer too. Talented guys no doubt but double cheese on toast!
    You could say that, but beyond the whole band/audience having a great time was 7 fantastic musicians at the top of their game playing their fingers off. Not for everyone though, I get that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom