Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

El Camino

What's Hot
Saw this last night, and I personally loved it. Thought it was great to be back in the Breaking Bad World, and had some brilliant touches.

Anyone else seen it? Beware - SPOILERS ARE AHEAD!

I think my favourite part has to be 'that' cameo in the hotel flashback. I was grinning like a 10 year old One Direction fan.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    im holding off watching it till i finish rewatching BB, currently half way thro season 4, so i can roll straight outta BB and onto El Camino 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2398
    im holding off watching it till i finish rewatching BB, currently half way thro season 4, so i can roll straight outta BB and onto El Camino 
    There was a recap just before EC on NetFlix, which I was grateful for...! But yeah, quite a few nods back to previous characters and events, although I think all of them are explained so you won't miss much.
  • Watched it yesterday and it was great.

It's not a competition.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    It was great.  I’d forgotten how good tv can be with the pathetic dross of the last few years.  Oh well, back to anime it is.
  • Saw it last weekend and really enjoyed it. I'm quite surprised how little chatter  there's been about it in my facebook feed, as lots of my friends and family were absolutely huge fans of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• It was a bit meh to be honest. Throwbacks for the sake of it, no real personal development on part of the characters, and overall my response was a bit lukewarm.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    Just googled it as I had no clue what it was. Ahh yes, a Breaking bad spin off film. Everyone was talking about Breaking bad a few years ago, so I watched the first episode. I thought it was pretty good but then I looked up and saw that there were 62 episodes! I just can't maintain interest beyond about 8 episodes of TV.
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    It was hilarious that Todd had put on a load of weight in the 6 years since Breaking Bad ended, yet this film carried on from the end of the series. 

I enjoyed it though. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    It was a bit meh to be honest. Throwbacks for the sake of it, no real personal development on part of the characters, and overall my response was a bit lukewarm.
    A bit like being on here then?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    axisus said:
    Just googled it as I had no clue what it was. Ahh yes, a Breaking bad spin off film. Everyone was talking about Breaking bad a few years ago, so I watched the first episode. I thought it was pretty good but then I looked up and saw that there were 62 episodes! I just can't maintain interest beyond about 8 episodes of TV.
    Yeah... the quality dipped a bit in the middle, but the last season is some of the best TV ever.
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1238
    I've got to agree with @WiresDreamDisasters in that I also found it a bit meh.
    It was good, in the fact it provided some closure to what happened to Jesse after the final shootout in BB, but that's the only good thing I took from it.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267
    edited October 2019

Enjoyed the way it gave Jesse closure, but I think it was a bit lacking in plot, and had too much unnecessary fan service.

Worth watching, but I doubt I'd watch it again, unlike BB which I've now watched a couple of times and shall do again.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • FarleyUK said:
    It was a bit meh to be honest. Throwbacks for the sake of it, no real personal development on part of the characters, and overall my response was a bit lukewarm.
    Complete with faux offence because of differing opinions!

Bye!

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1286
    FarleyUK said:
    It's more fun on here. I survived through first 30 minutes and felt bored.  Appreciate others liked it though.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9527
    Drew, I'm a huge Breaking Bad fan, but I'm with you... I thought it was poor and a bit lumbering...
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    edited October 2019
    Wasn't that great. So what happened? "He went to Alaska" . Ok. The actor playing Todd had put on a bit of weight too since Breaking Bad! I did watch the very last episode of BB before watching the film, which was worth doing.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    It was like your average episode of Breaking Bad stretched out to two hours. It was okay but the ending was totally anti-climactic, and it just seemed to drag. Basing a show nearly entirely on flashbacks is rather pointless when we know what it all lead up to.
    Wasn't that great. So what happened? "He went to Alaska" . Ok. The actor playing Todd had put on a bit of weight too since Breaking Bad! I did watch the very last episode of BB before watching the film, which was worth doing.
    I thought Jesse was looking surprisingly well having been stuck in a hole in the ground as well...!
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    FarleyUK said:
    I thought Jesse was looking surprisingly well having been stuck in a hole in the ground as well...!
    His teeth were.

I thought some of the best bits were in the details rather than the big picture.  It went a bit flat after Badger and Skinny Pete dropped out of view.  The gunslinger shootout seemed a bit contrived.  The vacuum cleaner guy was low level annoying. 

Easy to nitpick though.  I enjoyed it.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Robert Forster was superb !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback