How to make a "blend" control?

What's Hot
Making a pedal and would like to add a blend between effect and, let's say, a true bypass. 
I take it some sort of buffing may be in order? A buffer before the split, or a buffer on either side after the split? Or both? 

Any advice for a relative noob, or any good resources?

Thanks  :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Experience has taught me that there's no single blend circuit that is guaranteed to work, particularly when it comes to dirt pedals. For instance, I had to modify the "Split'n'blend" circuit so that both the send and return were buffered to prevent feedback with Big Muff derived circuits. I think I had to use a completely different blend circuit with the Rat.

What pedal is it you are planning to add the blend to? I may have a circuit that works.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited October 2019
    Hmmmm could be tricky then. Thanks. 

It was for a fuzz factory type. Was thinking clean but now thinking maybe another effect...even another ff!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Fuzz dog has a kit/PCB (take your pick). Some circuits invert the signal so you could end up with an out of phase mess. But most don't in my experience

https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Blender_-_signal_mixer/p847124_8681943.aspx
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    You can test the idea with a Boss LS-2 before committing to anything.

The LS-2 is a great pedal to have if you’re an experimenter, for several purposes - being able to A/B two pedals accurately on the fly is another one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    ICBM said:
    You can test the idea with a Boss LS-2 before committing to anything.

The LS-2 is a great pedal to have if you’re an experimenter, for several purposes - being able to A/B two pedals accurately on the fly is another one.
    Good point I couldn't live without mine
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Thanks guys. I'll have a look out for the boss. Was hoping not to spend much. I've loads of "bits" needing put to good use.