BFD3 glitching

What's Hot
@WiresDreamDisasters ;

Been getting more regular occurences of glitching out running BFD3, Im assuming this is caused by not all the samples being loaded into memory and then the disk seek speed not being enough to load them from disk.

I did try upping the buffering options to their max but that got me the red flashing "memory" warning on the UI so I guess even with 32Gb I dont have enough RAM to buffer everything...however I also note that the application is a 32bit VST so does it have a 2Gb addresability constraint?

If this is the case then which parameter would give me the ebst bang for buck to reduce glitching?

Alternatively do you think a defrag would help to posisbly get the files into contigous regions on disk? The samples are on my main reaper projects drive so it sees a fair bit of churn..unfortunately spinning rust at the moment. 
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BFD3 has a 64bit version. Try that.

Bye!

• BFD3 has a 64bit version. Try that.
    I am moron
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Its a PITA, but a 1tb SSD would probably bring your rig into the 21st century, I can only dream about 32g ram, but both my  ( old and outdated) mac and pc Reaper setups are keeping up, running off ssd, 16 and 4 respectively. 
  • I do have a 256 for the OS drive but my BFD folder is 152Gb :(
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    I'm using 4 drum vsts simultaneously, SSD5, MT power, Spitfire LABS and Ugritone Northern artillery, I dont use them all, all of the time, but usually have 2 running, but when I get close to what I want, I render to either a stereo audio, or a multi track, all of these libraries are on my system drive, 500g SSD, on a 2009 Macbook pro with 16g ram.
    I usually have at least 2 other tracks running LABS strings and keys, and 2 instances of Kontakt with eurobass.
    Point being, thats a fair few samples being loaded into ram, so I doubt the problem is your library, the kit in SSD5 is about 2 gig, for example.
    There is a bottleneck somewhere, but I doubt it is your drum folder, I would try getting a cheap USB external for an archive of the samples, and clear your system drive to give the OS some space. Both my systems have about 100gig free, and I think my bottleneck is the ram.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I increased my RAM [max'd out my Mac] because of BFD and things greatly improved..
    note though that when I run huge projects [especially orchestral] I still get glitching from several instruments..
    to solve it I freeze tracks in Logic
    play every note as if it were your first
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I take it the 64 bit version solved the problem?

If not, I'd guess you could pretty easily afford to choose the "load all to RAM" option if you've got 32gb?
  • Yeah the issue was the 32bit version couldn't address enough RAM even if I loaded more in.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ