Ever regret thinking, ‘I can mod that’?

What's Hot
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Is it a rotary loudspeaker cabinet or an adventure playground for hamsters?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    What are the Fender-logo'd boxes that look like miniature late-60s 'Beatles rooftop gig' Solid State PA heads?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    "Ever regret thinking, ‘I can mod that’?"

Only of a woman.  :/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    What are the Fender-logo'd boxes that look like miniature late-60s 'Beatles rooftop gig' Solid State PA heads?
    Mid 60’s oil can echo reverbs. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Aha! I’ve never seen one of those. Do they work?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:

Aha! I’ve never seen one of those. Do they work?
    Yep, both work a treat, disassembled one to change the oil and give it a clean. Beat tape echo by a country mile imo. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @ICBM The small one is a Dimension IV ‘Sound Expander’, a Leslie type unit that plugs into an amps reverb tank, I sold it to a friend earlier this year, it’s back for routine maintenance. 
    @ICBM The small one is a Dimension IV ‘Sound Expander’, a Leslie type unit that plugs into an amps reverb tank, I sold it to a friend earlier this year, it’s back for routine maintenance. 
    I always wondered what those did - the circuit is also used in the Super Showman head, but I’ve never seen one of those in person either.

Seems I have another couple of gadgets on my wanted list :). I’ve always loved early solid-state gear...

• @ICBM Feel free to try them out if you’re ever in the neighbourhood. Here’s the one I’m cleaning out -