Cubase Elements, Ableton Lite and Helix Native

What's Hot
For some reason when I use Helix Native in Cubase I get constant popping and crackling, the inbuilt cubase modellers work fine though apart from sounding poor compared to Helix.

Yesterday I downloaded Ableton Lite that came with my Focusrite Scarlett and Helix works fine in that with no issues.

Has anybody else had this issue and if so did you manage to fix it?

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1298
    Sounds like you may need to increase the audio buffer size in Cubase.  Which version of the Scarlett do you have?
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    It's the 2i2 third generation.
  • BodBod Frets: 1298
    neilg said:
    It's the 2i2 third generation.
    OK, so you've got the decent low-latency drivers then.  Just make sure they're the latest version. 

If you haven't done so already, try increasing the buffer size, and check that the sample rate and bit depth aren't higher than 48kHz and 24-bit.  Obviously, increasing the buffer will result in a little more latency, but usually it's tolerable at low-ish buffer sizes.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    I've had similar, but in reverse (poor performance in Ableton and fine in Cubase). I fixed it by following general advice on optimising PC's for audio. I think Focusrite have some good advice on their website, but there is lots of other information out there. 

What buffer size are you running at?
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    The sample rate was set at 44.1kHz and the bit depth was 16 bit, I just changed the bit depth to 24 but and it's fine now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom